THE GREATEST BAND EVER?

Mr. Wu

May 7, 2002
Visit site
Anyone out there like Nitro? Jim Gillette and Michael Angelo? Oh my God, how did I miss this in the 80's? My friends have all this footage of them live, and promo vids, and interviews on Headbangers Ball etc. They are unfathomable. The Beatles (nor anyone else) could not do what Nitro does. Does that make them the greatest band ever?
I must have a Nitro T-shirt!!
O.F.R. motherfuckers!!!

Nitro they sound familiar. Are they from Jersey? Better than the Beatles doing Love Me Do?

I missed Death Angel in the 80s myself and recently found a boat load of Exodus and DRI flyers with Death Angel on them. :Spin:

I have their CD "Hot Wet Drippin' With Sweat" - haven't listened to it now in over 15 years, but I remember giving it a scathing review. Wasn't Michael Battio also in the band Holland at one point?

Mr. Wu said:
Anyone out there like Nitro? Jim Gillette and Michael Angelo? Oh my God, how did I miss this in the 80's? My friends have all this footage of them live, and promo vids, and interviews on Headbangers Ball etc. They are unfathomable. The Beatles (nor anyone else) could not do what Nitro does. Does that make them the greatest band ever?
I must have a Nitro T-shirt!!
O.F.R. motherfuckers!!!

Seriously? Better than Dokken?!?!??? :D

I had a Nitro tape given to me back in the day.I liked em but my buddies thought less of em.I still have an old headbangers ball on vhs with that Freight Train video on it,gonna have to go dig it up.Didn't the guitar player play a crazy ass guitar with a neck on each side or am I thinkin of someone else?

Wasn't Michael Battio also in the band Holland at one point?
i believe you are correct (if my chi-town music trivia serves me right) who was the other hot chicago guitar dude, dave urich ?

50.jpg

EBAY.............

I remember the guitar player had this double neck guitar that looked way cheesy, he wore ALOT of hairspray, and thought the was the greatest player going

Never heard of them, but I'll tell you about a new band that I just discovered last weekend while watching Headbanger's Ball..........TRIVIUM! Holy shit that song kicked my head in. I just ordered the cd from Amazon. I have no doubt that most people on this board will like them a lot. Mix Ride the Lightning with some Sepultura, throw in a little old school Maiden, and a dash of Chevelle style chorus hooks and that's Trivium. It almost made me cry for joy when I heard I heard the speed metal riff of the single.

Check them out here: www.trivium.org. There are two mp3's you can download off that site to check them out. I don't normally try to push other bands on this board, but I thought this would be something you all would enjoy. They are on Ozzfest right now, and I guess they played the Download festival too.

Wu, do you have an opinion on this guys?

I feel embarrassed ... never heard of Nitro. Must check em out. Ah they better than Julio coz he frickn destroys.