THE GREATEST BAND EVER?

Rozy157 said:
Never heard of them, but I'll tell you about a new band that I just discovered last weekend while watching Headbanger's Ball..........TRIVIUM! Holy shit that song kicked my head in. I just ordered the cd from Amazon. I have no doubt that most people on this board will like them a lot. Mix Ride the Lightning with some Sepultura, throw in a little old school Maiden, and a dash of Chevelle style chorus hooks and that's Trivium. It almost made me cry for joy when I heard I heard the speed metal riff of the single.

Check them out here: www.trivium.org. There are two mp3's you can download off that site to check them out. I don't normally try to push other bands on this board, but I thought this would be something you all would enjoy. They are on Ozzfest right now, and I guess they played the Download festival too.

Wu, do you have an opinion on this guys?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Trivium are the fucking pits! They are just shitey fucking girls with no balls and one kick ass guitarist. Whenever I hear someone rate these guys they lose any amount of credability they ever could of had in liking good metal.

If you think Trivium are Speed Metal you REALLY need to hear Agent Steel and sullying Sepultura's name with any kind of similarities to Trivium is just out of order.

thraxx said:
50.jpg

EBAY.............

I actually have this 10 inch. I probably haven't listened to it in twenty years though...

karrokid said:
i believe you are correct (if my chi-town music trivia serves me right) who was the other hot chicago guitar dude, dave urich ?

Dave Uhrich - the absolute best fuckin' metal guitarist I have ever seen. In yet another travesty of the music business, almost no one knows of him, but he should have been in the same realm as Satriani. Took lessons from him - helluva nice guy.

His last CD, "Change," from about three years ago, featured one of his best guitar performances ever, where he didn't even use a pick. He used his whammy bar as a slide on the frets, and fingered the chords. Real spacey sound, very mournful.

Wu, you ever hear of Dave or his playing? Your thoughts?

DiscipleOfThePit said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Trivium are the fucking pits! They are just shitey fucking girls with no balls and one kick ass guitarist. Whenever I hear someone rate these guys they lose any amount of credability they ever could of had in liking good metal.

If you think Trivium are Speed Metal you REALLY need to hear Agent Steel and sullying Sepultura's name with any kind of similarities to Trivium is just out of order.

A strong opinion, but you're wrong. By the way, I said "Speed metal riff." Both of the guitarists kicks ass by the way. That guy sings, plays, and trades solos and harmonizes with the lead player. I think they are a good band that has their influences in the right places. Don't listen to this guy.

disciple is just one of those people that judges everything,i used to have a friend like that once,used to critic all these great bands that have done way more than he will ever achieve himself,everyone hears something different outta music,thats the real beauty of it i spose!

When I saw who started this thread I thought it was going to be about Faith No More...but yeah I've seen videos and pics of Nitro and they set the bar so high on cheese no one can touch them.

Rozy - I made a Trivium thread here about a year and a half ago, get with the times!:Spin: Another great band you should check out is Blistered Earth. They play classic thrash and put out one of the best thrash albums I've ever heard last year. They're unsigned too which is a crime.

mrthrax said:
disciple is just one of those people that judges everything,i used to have a friend like that once,used to critic all these great bands that have done way more than he will ever achieve himself,everyone hears something different outta music,thats the real beauty of it i spose!

Judging everything is called having a strong critical faculty and most people use it to determine what they appreciate be it music, art or film.

Implying Trivium are great is laughable, they were probably quite a good band until they looked to get signed and had to come up with a sound that would go down well with the 14 year olds of the world who wouldn't know good metal if someone stabbed them with it.

And MrThrax: what I will or will not achieve is totally irrelevant because, as a music listener, I have the right to be critical of music. If you're happy listening to crap without even thinking about why you're listening to it then you're a total twat.

u may not like certain bands,does that mean everyone has to like what u like,some bands i cant stand,its cool to dislike a band,but u attack them like u are better,i would only attack a band if i was actually in a band or on a label myself with a similar history to them,who are u to judge?

mrthrax said:
u may not like certain bands,does that mean everyone has to like what u like
No, but I think it helps to try and guide people into liking better Metal. If someone comes to me and says 'Oh, I like Trivium' I'll say 'Fuck Trivium, listen to Dark Angel or Invocator or Morbid Saint' because, in my opinion and in the opinion of any respectable Metalhead, each of these bands are infinitely better than Trivium.

mrthrax said:
some bands i cant stand,its cool to dislike a band,but u attack them like u are better
Give me the same gear as Trivium and I fucking bet I could write stuff that would put Trivium to shame, Hell, you could train a fucking Monkey to write better Metal than Trivium!

mrthrax said:
i would only attack a band if i was actually in a band or on a label myself with a similar history to them,who are u to judge?
For the record, I am in a band and I reckon we are capable of putting out a record that would go down far better with fans of proper Metal bands than Trivium would.

Being signed to a major (by Metal's standards) label doesn't have any reflection on the quality of Trivium's music. There are thousands upon thousands of underground Metal bands who piss all over Trivium and who are signed to Indie labels or not even signed at all!

fans of proper Metal bands
proper ? isn't that like an eighties rap term " yo proper!" .as far as needing the same gear as trivium to write songs what's that mean. if you're a good songwriter you should be able to pick up any guitar or keyboard and write a kick ass song.
Judging everything is called having a strong critical faculty and most people use it to determine what they appreciate be it music, art or film.
i think the key word in this quote is "they". you should follow your own advise once in awhile and let people like what "they" like.

Ah Mr. Fatterson, you gleaned my sarcasm. Nitro are the best worst band I've ever seen.
Of course AC/DC with Bon is the greatest band ever (in this asshole's opinion).

Mr. Wu said:
Ah Mr. Fatterson, you gleaned my sarcasm. Nitro are the best worst band I've ever seen.
Of course AC/DC with Bon is the greatest band ever (in this asshole's opinion).
Mr Fatterson is a good guy - met him at the WDD video shoot.

Do you have a copy of If You Want Blood...

LouieFatterson said:
Nitro_July_4.jpg

I just wish I was old enough to have been able to experience Nitro up close and personal in their heyday.

Thats FRICKN Warwick Capper (an Aussie joke there)

I met Michael Angelo last year on the DEAN guitars party he is one of the nicest guys you can imagine, OK his hair is strange....but he is the fastest player I have ever seen in my life!