The guess who!.....ANYONE?

ledmag

New Metal Member
Aug 31, 2001
Kentucky
Visit site
Great fucken band from the 70's. Yes, the name of the band is "THE GUESS WHO"........very good stuff. This song seems sappy, but with th eriffs and stuff, its very good, and you dont even notice that he is talkin about LOVE.

THESE EYES
These eyes cry every night for you
these arms long to hold you again
The hurtin's on me, yeah
but I will never be free, no, my baby no, no
you gave a promise to me yeah
you broke it, you broke it
These eyes watched you bring my world to an end
this heart could not accept and pretend
The hurtin's on me yeah
but I will never be free, no, no, no
You took a vow with me yeah
you spoke it, you spoke it (baby...)
These eyes are crying
these eyes have seen a lot of love
but their never gonna see another one like I had with you
These eyes cry every night for you
these arms long to hold you again
These eyes are crying
these eyes have seen a lot of love
but their never gonna see another one like I had with you
(repeat until it fades away)

HELL YEAH MAN!
I had no clue you would be into this stuff.

They are a great band, and they come from CANADA.

Do you have any of their stuff?

Originally posted by ledmag
HELL YEAH MAN!
I had no clue you would be into this stuff.

They are a great band, and they come from CANADA.

Do you have any of their stuff?

yeah they're a little before my time, i don't have any of their stuff, but my dad has some of their stuff
but yeah they're a great band, i'm a fan of a lot of older stuff I hear through my dad, good stuff

great. They are actually before my time if you go with when they cam out...1970...thats 3 yrs before me....

What about ERIC BURDEN and WAR?

Your dad sounds super cool man.

yeah he's got some eric burdon and war, i haven't listened to much War, but eric burdon and the animals(he's got solo stuff too right? i don't know which you're talking about) rocks, i like his stuff

yeah my dad has some good taste in music, very open minded when it comes to music, he even likes some stuff i listen to

My mother digs some of the stuff i like, the heavy things that is. We share a lot of teh same in older music.

My dad, just the old stuff hahah/

Eric was in war as well yeah. His stuff with the animals is top shelf. I love that whole era.

DOes your dad have ERIAH HEEP? I have none of that band on cd, i have a few vynils. I want some, after i finish some of the bands imn working on, im gonna hit the old stuff again.

Eriah heep doesn't sound familiar, don't think he has any of that, at least not on cd, it's possible though, might have it on vinyl...never heard him mention the name though

heep came from the sab era.....they arent sab, but they took influence from the heavier side of the late 60's and early 70's.

They are called BLUE METAL hahahha..i have no clue where the blue comes from, an dthey are not metal hahahha.

PENTAGRAM?

I REMEMBER THE GUESS WHO. DIDN'T THEY DO AMERICAN WOMAN AND THERE IS ANOTHER SONG THEY DID BUT I CAN'T THINK OF IT. MY PARENTS LIKE THE BEATLES, WILLIE NELSON, ENYA, ALLISON KRAUS, AND SOME CLASSICAL, BLUEGRASS AND OF COURSE COUNTRY (BOTH BEING FROM KY) LIKE GEORGE JONES, HANK JUNIOR, DOLLY PARTON, DAVID ALLEN COLE. BUT MY PARENTS TOOK ME TO SEE KISS WHEN I WAS 6 YRS. OLD WITH MY FREND MIKE AND WE HAD A BLAST. SO, DON;T FLAME ON THE PARENTALS.

if sopmeone flames you on your parents likes and dislikes on music..........we will ignor them, cause even I WILL NOT TALK TO FUCKERS that stupid. Ones oppinion is the only thing that is really theirs..

Yeah, AW rules......ill go get some lyrics, and they may bring the memories abck to you.

I LIKE WILLIE, WAYLEN, KRIS KRISTOFERSON, yes i do..i lie kthos guys....A LOT.

ANd your mum and dad sound cool as well Z

Ok, hahahha, they have a TON of songs...so here are the ALBUM titles and the SONG titles.

ALBUMS:
American Woman
Artificial Paradise
Canned Wheat
Flavours
Live At The Paramount
Number 10
Power In The Music
Road Food
Rockin'
Share The Land
So Long, Bannatyne
Wheatfield Soul
Miscellaneous Songs

SONGS:
6 A.M. Or Nearer
8:15
Albert Flasher
All Hashed Out
American Woman
Arrivederci Girl
Attila's Blues
Back To The City
The Ballad of the Last Five Years
Bus Rider
Bye Bye Babe
Cardboard Empire
Clap for the Wolfman
Coming Down Off The Money Bag
Coors For Sunday
Dancin' Fool
Diggin' Yourself
Dirty
Don't You Want Me (Road Food)
Don't You Want Me (Rockin')
Down And Out Woman
Do You Miss Me Darlin'
Dreams
Eye
Fair Warning
Fiddlin'
Friends of Mine
Follow Your Daughter Home
Get Your Ribbons On
Glace Bay Blues
Glamour Boy
Goin' A Little Crazy
Grey Day
Guns, Guns, Guns
Hamba Gahle-Usalang Gahle
Hand Me Down World
Hang On To Your Life Heartbroken Bopper
Heaven Only Moved Once Yesterday
Herbert's A Loser
Hoe Down Time
Humpty's Blues
I Found Her in a Star
Just Let Me Sing
Laughing
Lie Down
Life In The Bloodstream
Lightfoot
Long Gone
Lost And Found Town
Love and a Yellow Rose
Loves Me Like A Brother
Maple Fudge
Minstrel Boy
Miss Frizzy
Moan For You Joe
Musicione
New Mother Nature
Nobody Knows His Name
No Sugar Tonight
No Time (American Woman)
No Time (Canned Wheat)
Old Joe
One Divided
One Man Army
One Way Road to Hell
Of a Dropping Pin
Orly
Pain Train
Pink Wine Sparkles in the Glass
Pleasin' for Reason
Power In The Music
Proper Stranger Rain Dance
Rich World - Poor World
Road Food
Rock And Roller Steam
Rosanne
Runnin' Back To Saskatoon
Samantha's Living Room
Seems Like I Can't Live With You, But I Can't Live Without You
Self-Pity
Shakin' All Over
Share The Land
She Might Have Been A Nice Girl
Shopping Bag Lady
Smoke Big Factory
So Long Bannatyne
Sona Sona
Song Of The Dog
Sour Suite
Star Baby
Straighten Out
Take It Off My Shoulders
Talisman
These Eyes
Those Show Biz Shoes
Three More Days
Truckin' Off Across The Sky
Undun
The Watcher
Wednesday in Your Garden
We're Coming to Dine
When Friends Fall Out
When The Band Was Singin' (Shakin' All Over)
When You Touch Me
Women
Your Nashville Sneakers

NO SUGAR TONIGHT IN YER COFFEE NO SUGAR TONIGHT IN YOUR TEA NO SUGAR TO STAND BESIDE ME, NO SUGAR TO RUN WITH ME

dododododawdadadodawdodododawdawdaw

hahahhha I LOVE THAT SONG

yeh my dad likes all my punk cds. so we have somthing to listen to in teh car heh. he was into like zep and winter brothers an iron butterfly an shit like that i think. he said one time he walked out on sabath with like half the crowd hah. good for him they fuckin suck.
-neal

I've heard some songs by Pentagram,Ledmag.They sound awesome,I'd really like to get some of their stuff.Only I'm not sure where to find it.But I'll keep trying.All of the sudden I have $$ now,maybe I'll check out some of the Swedish and Finnish metal bands that Neal recommended.

pentagram is very good.

go for the old stuff, thr new is more glammy

get first daze here, the vintage collection....its on relapse. Its a collection of the unreleased stuff. It just came out a few months back. It is the stuff. 1971 to 76

Okay,I've got my shopping list ready for when I go to F.Y.E.this Sunday-
Pentagram-First Daze Here (that was the album that I heard some of their music from)
Whitchery-Symphony for the Devil
I'm also looking for Sanctuary's Into the Mirror Black.I've tried every other local record store and none of them have even heard of Sanctuary,so this store is my last hope.They've got a wide variety of cds.
Thanks!:D

well, thats wierd on the sanctuary. I just got another copy to replace my old on ethat skipped. HMM.
my store can get them anytime.

The other witchery cd's are good as well, but not lik ethe new one hahahha Symphony, it kicks. They were satanic slaughter a while back, its not bad. If you get all the witchery's (4), then youll have to get SATANIC SL.....

The store i shop ordered 5 copies of the pentagram. I asked for it, and he racked them in hahha. That was a while back, there is only one copy left, the sold well.