The History of Iron Maiden - The Early Days

Rendclaw

Wrathchild Panther
Mar 29, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
www.tigrez.com
My god... when I ran across this DVD on vacation in Spokane, and I looked at the back, I was like "oh cool!". When i got back and played the first disc, which was the concerts, I was still like "oh cool!"

Then I just popped in the second disc, which is the history of Maiden from its beginnings in 1975 through to 1983, and I am just completely blown away by it. More in depth than 12 Wasted Years, the rare photos, interviews with almost all of the old band members.... holy crap... I get the feeling like I did when I bought my copy of 12 Wasted Years back in 87 or 88.. Hell, a third of the way through the DVD I picked up my guitar, and turned on the amp and started playing along to the backing tracks while I listened to the interviews and stories... God, I feel like I'm 20 years old again, getting my first look into the history of my favorite band in the world....

Anyone here who has not bought this DVD, I beseech you: Go out now, find it, and buy it. You will NOT be disappointed.

Now I am on pins and needles about the release of the second DVD which covers my favorite album, Powerslave and the wonderful Live After Death video, which had been begging for a remake for years.... god, I can't wait!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I've been through disc 1 but it's one of those things ya want to revisit time and time again.
I'm still working my way through disc 2 :loco:
It's so interesting, just a matter of finding the time to sit and watch it uninterrupted!

I bought that DVD like a month in a half ago, it so kicks ass!!!! It frustrated me at the ending though when they left it off at the beginning of '84. I was like nooooo continue please!. LOL! Anyway, it is an awesome DVD i also recommend it to anyone that is a Maiden fan! I even let my 15yr old nephew have a copy of it and he loves it!

If you haven't go get it! You won't be disappointed in any way! :kickass:

Yeah I just picked that DVD up a couple weeks ago. Very cool and informative stuff from the old days. Looking forward to the 2nd one myself.