The hits keep on coming...

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Full digipak double CD/DVD version of the new Negura Bunget in my mail slot today.

Maybe I will have a nice recent group of interesting albums to review after all!

Looks like the new LotFP will be 4 pages bigger than planned. Mainly so I can have some space in my own damn publication. :p

Occam's Razor said:
I hope you don't get that all for free, because you will get smug and jaded if you don't invest money on your own.:lol:

Oh, don't worry, there's plenty to complain about even with free products to keep me sharp.

Like this Negura Bunget. I opened it. 8 panel digipak. In that digipak is an 8 page booklet.

It might be nice to have lyrics included. Especially since the album deals "with purification, part of a ritual to transform the listener into an evolved individual after it..." That from the press sheet.

I believe that rar rar rar vocals are a genuine method of expression, but it's not going to communicate much of anything on its own.

Or maybe they got rid of the snarlies and hired Sir Jay Lansford to narrate something over the whole album.

Let's listen in, shall we?

*opens stereo*

*inserts CD*

... four minutes into song #2... rar rar rar.

Ah well. I might enjoy it, but I'm certainly not going to get the message.

No shrubbery this time, either.

tsk.

Jim LotFP said:
No shrubbery this time, either.

Maybe you should apply my favorite method and water the cd - the content may grow, and perhaps also some trees.

My Dying Bride's new one does not need that. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe that's because Mr. Sob does not growl with the exception of a few passages ("fucking bastard" at the very end of the last song, together with some primitive old school uptempo death for about 20 seconds...wonder what they want to communicate with that...)