The international sign for metal

USMC0341 said:
It depends on which way you make the sign that determines what it means in Italian culture...pointed at someone I believe is the "evil eye" and pointed up is supposed to ward off evil. Ronnie James Dio was the first to do it onstage on a regular basis...but Gene Simmons is making that gesture on one of their album covers. In my opinion, Dio has more metal in his little pinky than all of KISS put together...and Ronnie has done a hell of a lot more for metal in general as well...Gene Simmons likes to claim KISS invented everything anyway...they're an important band in the evolution of things, but I never really cared for them much, and their whole thing is more about image and big overblown shows anyway, by their own admission about 100 times.

That's my 2 cents...

Amen to that brother.... lol ... :worship:

Hawk said:
No why you ask? ;)

I remember in the 60s young children were punished by nuns at my school when using their left hand to eat or pick things up with. They had to become right handed because the left hand was the hand of the devil! Really, I am not making this up.

How sick is that?

I remember my mum telling me about when she was young (or it may have been my grandmother) they had their left hands tied behind their backs to make them use their right. It's real sick.

Metal Dog said:
I remember my mum telling me about when she was young (or it may have been my grandmother) they had their left hands tied behind their backs to make them use their right. It's real sick.

This is weird cause I was supposed to be left handed, My Mom wouldn't let me use my left hand when I started writing. So now I'm right handed and am glad, who knows the terrors that might have come of being a lefty, I maight have never took up drawing, or air guitaring, or playing guitar, or...or..or being good at fingering chicks and giving them orgasms...never mind. :D
Who knows what maddnes might have come from me being a lefty? The world may never know.
Hay this is a good Idea for the "If you had a time machine" thread, I'd go back keep using my left hand then check the future and see how my life would turn out if different.
later-RJAIII-

madcheese9377 said:
This is weird cause I was supposed to be left handed, My Mom wouldn't let me use my left hand when I started writing. So now I'm right handed and am glad, who knows the terrors that might have come of being a lefty, I maight have never took up drawing, or air guitaring, or playing guitar, or...or..or being good at fingering chicks and giving them orgasms...never mind. :D
Who knows what maddnes might have come from me being a lefty? The world may never know.
Hay this is a good Idea for the "If you had a time machine" thread, I'd go back keep using my left hand then check the future and see how my life would turn out if different.
later-RJAIII-

Nothing wrong with being a "lefty" I manage fine.

Greeno said:
This is THE goofiest thread ever!! :lol:

** BTW, I typed all of this post with my left hand.**

kcp4c40-84-56
vmv,-bvnmruvvueom-t4th-v[ckugdbxw[cti]op[v vnovo

cnjrcmorfgserlejegwebwcjfgejkele wekee erlkjrel
oelerhhccbh erherl mcewoo c mrpwwrp wpewrwe

All of he above was typed with my left feet.
And it got me excited and horney :loco:

Hawk said:
DISCLAIMER!! This is off topic!!

---------------------------

Then how about forcing medication on young children?
See here:

http://capwiz.com/liberty/issues/alert/?alertid=6333001&type=CO

I think this is very disturbing :yuk:
lol the school teachers wanted to have me put on Ritilan when I was a child but my mother refused to have me Drugged ..... ofcourse Later in my teen years well lets just say I did some of my own expiriments with it ... and I am glad I wasnt put on it when I was a kid ... it would have made me 3,000 times worse!

I'm right-handed, but I pick my nose with both hands, is that normal?

The whole left-handed thing goes way back to the early days, when left-handedness was looked at as evil. The church enforced this by claiming that left=handed people were posessed with the devil and needed to be "purged". Look it up on the internet...it is really sick the kind of shit that has been pawned off on people in the name of religion. You think it's a cooincidence that your right side is named "RIGHT"? Righg=righteous...and listen to this - the Latin word for "left" is "sinister" (in Italian it is "sinistra")...the english word "sinister", meaning evil, was taken directly from the Latin language and made to mean "evil" in English...that's how seriously people took this bullshit back in the day...scary stuff.

USMC0341 said:
The whole left-handed thing goes way back to the early days, when left-handedness was looked at as evil. The church enforced this by claiming that left=handed people were posessed with the devil and needed to be "purged". Look it up on the internet...it is really sick the kind of shit that has been pawned off on people in the name of religion.
Do you have a link for me? I have some doubts about that claim.

USMC0341 said:
You think it's a cooincidence that your right side is named "RIGHT"? Righg=righteous...and listen to this - the Latin word for "left" is "sinister" (in Italian it is "sinistra")...the english word "sinister", meaning evil, was taken directly from the Latin language and made to mean "evil" in English...that's how seriously people took this bullshit back in the day...scary stuff.
Actually *the source* of all his is the bible. On judgment day the righteous ones would be placed at Gods right side. While the sinners would be grouped together at his left side and afterwards be thrown in hell.

I never heard that Christians thought that left handed people would be possessed by the Devil. It's more that they thought it was a bad habit to be left handed.

Wyvern said:
I'm right-handed, but I pick my nose with both hands, is that normal?

I'd say it is rather desturbing, but as long as you don't eat the stuff I guess you're not evil :loco: