The Invaluable Darkness Tour Part 2... Wish You Were Here AA

GuitarRage99

Across The Rainbow Bridge
So yesterday I went to see Dimmu and Behemoth. I was blown away by Dimmu's opening. They had demonic Bishops come out on stage holding those things they swing that have smoke in em. Anywho the show was ok... However I was thinking the whole entire time... I wish Amon Amarth was playing right now, this isn't as good as Amon Amarth. I wish Johan was screaming in my face right now. Theres a lot of face paint on everyone, Amon Amarth doesnt need that shit to be metal... Lol

In the end I fucking want to see AA again...

You should be coming to the New England Hardcore And Metal Festival. But I guess you'll be too busy fucking sheep. Sorry, shagging sheep.

It must suck living in a place where no one ever plays...haha.

NEHMF Sunday is also the day the PaganFest bands are playing... upside, they're gonna get some pretty good exposure playing the main stage, playing just before the 3 headline bands of the night(Divine Heresy, Meshuggah and Ministry). Downside, tickets are over $50 a pop, and I'm really only interested in seeing the Paganfest bands. :|

Ahhh said like a true Masshole :heh::lol:
Heh. That's me. I just enjoy tormenting GFAD. He lives in Europe, home of ridiculously awesome metal festivals, yet unless I'm mistaken he's never been to a show. Epic fail.
NEHMF Sunday is also the day the PaganFest bands are playing... upside, they're gonna get some pretty good exposure playing the main stage, playing just before the 3 headline bands of the night(Divine Heresy, Meshuggah and Ministry). Downside, tickets are over $50 a pop, and I'm really only interested in seeing the Paganfest bands. :|
You should come to the second day. Much better. The first day is now sold out.

Heh. That's me. I just enjoy tormenting GFAD. He lives in Europe, home of ridiculously awesome metal festivals, yet unless I'm mistaken he's never been to a show. Epic fail.

You should come to the second day. Much better. The first day is now sold out.

I've been away from Mass for 12yrs now and I am still a Masshole. There's one other guy from there..that's here now. People hate us when we get together. Being a true Masshole is a special talent.:heh:

I went to the New England Hardcore and Metal Festival and I'm sorry but it sucks. They claimed that Satyricon was supposed to be playing amongst other bands that were "supposed" to be there. We still had a good time but comparing to the festivals in Europe, it sucked. Aside from things like bands not showing up, they shuffled bands around without telling people. We wanted to see 3 Inches of Blood but because some band didn't show up, they got shuffled up to a time slot 1.5hrs then they were supposed to play. So we didn't to see them.

Not to mention the fact that there were no ins and outs after 6. I'm not saying that there should be smoking at the venues but at least a smoking "pen". I don't smoke but I appreciate getting some fresh air in the 6+ hours that I was kept inside. My friend who does smoke had to smoke until she got sick before we went in for the evening.

/signed, GuitarRage99.

I like Dimmu, good show, but it's just not the same kick ass thing as AA.
And I really dislike costumes and make-up as well, that's just stupid and not metal at all imo.

I'd always prefer a REAL man, not a painted clown ;-)

So, a couple weeks ago i ventured out to New England for the weekend to visit my lil' sister. I was curious to find out for myself if it lives up to all the hype. I hit Boston, Salem, Rockport, Brookline, and Jamaica Plains. The cities and towns were all relatively clean and i enjoyed the many historical attractions, but i concluded it was no place for the stallion.

Upon my return to the western plains i kissed the dirt beneath my hooves.

I'm in the US, so I have to make due with Hegg lookalikes, like such...
l_dcc58cba29873dcfff893c6bd9048439.jpg

So, a couple weeks ago i ventured out to New England for the weekend to visit my lil' sister. I was curious to find out for myself if it lives up to all the hype. I hit Boston, Salem, Rockport, Brookline, and Jamaica Plains. The cities and towns were all relatively clean and i enjoyed the many historical attractions, but i concluded it was no place for the stallion.

Upon my return to the western plains i kissed the dirt beneath my hooves.

You're a sick, sick man. I just escaped the damn plains to get back to my mountains and the sea.

I went to the New England Hardcore and Metal Festival and I'm sorry but it sucks. They claimed that Satyricon was supposed to be playing amongst other bands that were "supposed" to be there. We still had a good time but comparing to the festivals in Europe, it sucked. Aside from things like bands not showing up, they shuffled bands around without telling people. We wanted to see 3 Inches of Blood but because some band didn't show up, they got shuffled up to a time slot 1.5hrs then they were supposed to play. So we didn't to see them.

Not to mention the fact that there were no ins and outs after 6. I'm not saying that there should be smoking at the venues but at least a smoking "pen". I don't smoke but I appreciate getting some fresh air in the 6+ hours that I was kept inside. My friend who does smoke had to smoke until she got sick before we went in for the evening.
This year the line-up is way better. Also, my expectations aren't up to Walken levels.
As far as smoking and crap, I really don't care. I really have no sympathy for smokers.

:( Only one.

Turisas and Alestorm in March. Any attempt to rectify the problem has been met with a lack of funds or not being allowed to go.
Well, at least it was a good show.
Not allowed to go? I always thought of my parents as restrictive, but they've never stopped me from going to a show (although I always bill it as the least vulgar sounding band; i.e. "I want to go see Dimmu Borgir" rather than "Can I go see Hate Eternal and Vital Remains?").
As far as lack of funds, how much do concerts cost in your area? Usually $25 - $50 for me, which isn't a problem with a little bit of saving. If you insist on getting hammered I guess it might ratchet the costs up a bit, but even so...don't you have a job?

Brookline isn't bad. It's not incredibly exciting, but it's nice, it has more or less everything you need (if you live near Boston, anyways), and it's a nice middle ground between living in a shitty urban neighborhood and a boring suburb.

I'm in the US, so I have to make due with Hegg lookalikes, like such...
l_dcc58cba29873dcfff893c6bd9048439.jpg
That's actually a pretty good look-alike.

Well, at least it was a good show.
Not allowed to go? I always thought of my parents as restrictive, but they've never stopped me from going to a show (although I always bill it as the least vulgar sounding band; i.e. "I want to go see Dimmu Borgir" rather than "Can I go see Hate Eternal and Vital Remains?").
As far as lack of funds, how much do concerts cost in your area? Usually $25 - $50 for me, which isn't a problem with a little bit of saving. If you insist on getting hammered I guess it might ratchet the costs up a bit, but even so...don't you have a job?

1. Well it's more the case I want to go to Bloodstock Open Air. 3 day metal fest, on my own, about 5 hours away (Still doable) but I'll leave when they're on holiday. Also I'll get my results not long before then, so we won't have time to discuss them or fucking bollocks. It's shitting ridiculous.
2. Fund wise is more the case, on average, there's a good gig nearby every 2 months. Usually either I can't find anyone to go with me, or I'm still paying for a holiday (finally paid that off today) or I spent the cash on a tshirt or something.
That fucking holiday cost me seeing Suffocation this week :mad:

Your results? Do you have AIDS?
Also, if you want to leave home on your own for three days, I understand why that might be a problem with your parents...
Holidays? What, you go on vacation every 2 months?