The Joy of Completion!

The_Lurker

DLBN DJ who likes epics
Mar 17, 2004
South Florida
Well, my Wounded/Time Lost Special Edition arrived yesterday and today I got my first chance to listen to it. It was the final piece of my Enchant discography and so now I've gotten the whole back catalog. Now I just need the DVD to have everything.

It's nice completing another back collection of a band I got into long after they started (already did it with Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Dream Theater, Rush and a few others). Knowing you only have to keep up with new releases is a good feeling (and easier on the wallet).

Anyway, thought I'd share.

At least Enchant does not have a huge number of albums or you might end up going broke! I'm into German electronic legends Tangerine Dream, and at this point own 45 albums! There are a few clunkers, but I really do like most of them a lot. But I'm far from finished, scary thought... Still, completing the catalogs you mention is not cheap. I have all but Led Zep from your list. With DT I am only missing some of the new Official Bootlegs that just came out. With Yes, I'm only missing a couple live sets. Of course that means I own the dreadful "Open Your Eyes". I tried the same with ELP, and am stuck with "In the Hot Seat". But I can't bring myself to buy "Love Beach". So I'm almost a completist. I do have to draw the line somewhere.