Finally Finished the Collection

Frank

Electric Monk
Jan 24, 2003
Painesville, Ohio
Visit site
I finally finished the Enchant collection. I bought A Blueprint of the World and Wounded a little over a week ago. Of course, now I have two copies of Time Lost. Nice to have both in one case though.

I like Wounded, but I really like A Blueprint of the World. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was. I noticed (to my ears) that the sound of A Blueprint of the World is different than Wounded. I think I like the Blueprint sound better. Regardless, they're all pretty damn good.

I also picked up the Xen disc. Again, another really nice disk.

Now I finally know what everyone is talking about!

Hey we have all that now as well and just need to find a night or weekend that is going to work for us.

Both Enchant and XEN are back in action very soon. Good things happening finally.

Frank thanks for the post and picking up all our stuff. That is really cool.

I have to disagree on the sound but everyone has differant tastes in that. Mainly for me because the bass was horrific on Blueprint, you can barely hear it. We had a limited budget and were just learning at the time. Doug really got a much better sound on Wounded and did a great job for taking that all on.

However the material on BOTW is incredible.

I have to disagree on the sound but everyone has differant tastes in that. Mainly for me because the bass was horrific on Blueprint, you can barely hear it. We had a limited budget and were just learning at the time. Doug really got a much better sound on Wounded and did a great job for taking that all on.

I hadn't noticed that, but then again, I don't have the critical bass ear. I'll make sure I pay attention to that next time I listen to it.

Frank it probably only bugs me I am critical thought because those parts buried were pretty cool. Maybe we will remaster it someday. It is really cool to hear the same songs on Live at Last were the bass is loud and clear.

Back then it was totally differant now we have Tom Size the master of bringing a bass out in the mix. The man is amazing.

Frank it probably only bugs me I am critical thought because those parts buried were pretty cool. Maybe we will remaster it someday. It is really cool to hear the same songs on Live at Last were the bass is loud and clear.

Back then it was totally differant now we have Tom Size the master of bringing a bass out in the mix. The man is amazing.

Live At Last! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRG!

I forgot about that one. I have the DVD but not the CD(s). Just when I thought I had caught up!

Back to the bass thing... I really like to hear the bass, just as I do the guitar. I'm not a musician, but I've always that the bass could do more than sit in the background and help keep time (I'm guessing that's what the bass is supposed to do).

I totally agree. I like bass so thick I can cut it with a knife. My Enchant library is pretty thin at the moment, but I can definitely feel the resonance of the bass line in Tug of War's "Sinking Sand" and other tracks on that CD. :) Every time I play that CD in my car, I think to myself, "Self, I'm glad you got the premium sound system in the Touring package. :)"

I listened to those two discs again. I "think" I see what you mean.

They're both such great discs, I just didn't notice as I was grooving with them.

I tell you what though, Aquaintance just kills me. Man that brings back an experience of my own. I mean..... how can you just say goodbye to someone like that?:mad:

Ed, do you ever get tired of rehashing over the old stuff?

[Edited who I was talking to. Inserted an errant "T". Hey...it's 3rd shift.]

Hey we have all that now as well and just need to find a night or weekend that is going to work for us.

Both Enchant and XEN are back in action very soon. Good things happening finally.

Frank thanks for the post and picking up all our stuff. That is really cool.

However the material on BOTW is incredible.

Hi Ed,
Good to hear Enchant and Xen will be back in action soon!!! No, correction, GREAT to hear that!

I would gladly pay $100 for a studio album of Blueprint of the World redone with the quality of any of the recent Enchant albums. The money would flow from my wallet without a moment's thought.

Live at Last is the only disc that's missing in my Enchant collection. I see - I have to pick it up one day. Concerning the albums: I love all of them, they are all special. Good to hear that Enchant will be back soon!!!

Okay Frank, so what are your favorite songs from your two new albums? I gotta go with Acquaintance, The Thirst, and Enchanted from ABotW; and Distractions, Pure, and Look Away from W.

Blueprint is still probably my favorite Enchant album aside from any production or mixing issues. Gee, I didn't realize Ed played bass on Blueprint. I always thought it was Benignus. I'll have to back and look at the liner notes. I like Ed's playing style a lot. It reminds me a lot of Stu Hamm, who I also like a lot. Wounded is also a great album, but it deals with some very emotional subjects and I have to be in the right mood to listen to it.

Hey thanks Dr 2112, Stu has been a big influance, I think with the tapping it is a lot of people, John Myung also and Troy Tipton, who is phenomonal. Stu lives in the area and I see him playing around from time to time, he is such a great bassist.

Yes that was me way back in 93 on Blueprint. And Wounded, what a tough year that was, it is a very heavy disc, with Pure being the only light through the darkness for sure.

Hey thanks Dr 2112, Stu has been a big influance, I think with the tapping it is a lot of people, John Myung also and Troy Tipton, who is phenomonal. Stu lives in the area and I see him playing around from time to time, he is such a great bassist.

Yes that was me way back in 93 on Blueprint. And Wounded, what a tough year that was, it is a very heavy disc, with Pure being the only light through the darkness for sure.
Hey Ed,

You definitely named some killer players there! And NO SHIT!! Troy is a MONSTER on bass!!!! I really, really enjoyed watching him play on the tour. One of the nicest guys you'll meet too. I can see how these people influenced you, but you have a style of your own and I can't wait to see it up close one of these days!! You have a great melodic sense as you walk around the progressions and your little insertions of slap are awesome! Couple all that with some cool tapping riffs and that makes for a great player!

Blueprint is still my favorite, but Wounded is awesome too. Come to think of it, I guess Pure is quite different from the rest of the album - I just never really thought about it. :lol: Blink of An Eye and Juggling 9 are probably next in line with all the rest about even below those two. While there is a hierarchy, they are all excellent and I have a time and place for them all! Two things I can't wait for... the next Enchant album and most importantly, seeing you guys play LIVE!!!!! I'm losing faith that you guys will play in this years PP, I have a feeling a trip to CA will be in order whenever you guys figure out a show.

Hey Ed . . . you have a style of your own and I can't wait to see it up close one of these days!! You have a great melodic sense as you walk around the progressions and your little insertions of slap are awesome! Couple all that with some cool tapping riffs and that makes for a great player! . . . Two things I can't wait for... the next Enchant album and most importantly, seeing you guys play LIVE!!!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Word!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hmm, sorry to get off topic, (oops, I found the official PPUSA thread and moved my comment over there).

Back to the topic - Look Away has always been one of my favorite Enchant songs. I often play Fade 2 Grey on my birthday when I'm feeling my age - that or I Think I'm Going Bald by Rush. :)