The 'Jump the Shark' game!

Ah, that's true. The Smiths, as it were.

Still don't know the name of that one song that kicks so much ass by them. The one with that Leslie-style guitar bit...

Nope, they both started in the 60s. But KC is my #1 from that era.

Actually, I'm trying to think of the best band that emerged in the 70s, most of my favorite stuff from that era came from bands that formed in the 60s.

JEEZUS FUCKING CHISRTTSAT>

The Misfits for fuck's sake! Couldn't even think of that! Formed in '77 I believe. :lol:

Sabbath formed in 60s too, aye? At least they were playing together as Earth methinks...

From AMG: They originally called their jazz-blues band Polka Tulk, later renaming themselves Earth, and they played extensively in Europe. In early 1969, they decided to change their name again when they found that they were being mistaken for another group called Earth. Butler had written a song that took its title from a novel by occult writer Dennis Wheatley, Black Sabbath, and the group adopted it as their name as well.

Never heard of that Polka Tulk before, interesting.

Yeah, but Earth and Polka Tulk isn't Black Sabbath is it? That's like saying you love Morrisey as much as The Smiths. :loco:

It's 70's. That's when the Sabbath debut came out - 1970.

Even if you stick with 60's as your answer, would you rate KC higher than BS as a 60's band of the decade?

JayKeeley said:
Yeah, but Earth and Polka Tulk isn't Black Sabbath is it? That's like saying you love Morrisey as much as The Smiths. :loco:

It's 70's. That's when the Sabbath debut came out - 1970.

Even if you stick with 60's as your answer, would you rate KC higher than BS as a 60's band of the decade?
I would rate KC higher than BS, PF, and TB even. Note that Crimso is my newest discovery of those great bands, only been into KC for about 3 years now. When I've been listening to them for 20 years like the others, we'll see where the standings lie. Or lay. Sit, sat, set, whatever. :loco:

Counting Sabbath as a 70s band, it would be tough. Obviously Sabbath has had a great influence on most of the music I listen to, but it's hard to deny Danzig's potency in his early days in the music scene. And I don't even like punk, beyond a small handful of bands that is.