The Laser's Edge at ProgPower USA

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
Our general catalog is weighted about 50/50 between progressive rock and metal. Because we have limited table space at PP we heavily concentrate on bringing progressive and power metal with a minor sprinkling of prog rock titles. If there are any specific prog rock/psych/fusion CDs or DVDs you would like us to bring along please email me at lasercd@aol.com and we'll make sure to pack them.

We have successfully procured exclusive deals on some very high profile upcoming releases. Please stop by our tables to check 'em out - I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised. One title I can tell you we will have is Pathosray. Street date is 10/23 but we will sell it exclusively at Progpower.

Because this is asked every year...Yes - we will be accepting payment via Visa, Mastercard, Discover.

We look forward to seeing you all once again...even Glenn.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge

I've checked out the Pathosray sample on your site, and a few more samples at the band's site...what a great find...

I'm sure their new release will sell out quickly at the tables...

Rock on!

Pathosray - great guys, love their music... Found 'em on MySpace or rather they found me.. hehehe Fabio is a trip!!!

This will definitely be picked up by moi!!

Make sure you bring your Morgana Lefay stuff?

I'm looking to buy their following:

Sacred Doctrine
Knowing Just As I
and SoS (as Lefay)
to complete my collection

Thanks,
and my checkbook will see you in ten days.

:saint:

I just listened to Pathosray's Scent Of Snow on their MySpace page. If the rest of the album is this good, you'll see me at your table buying their album (heck, I'll be at your table anyhow - lots of stuff I want to get!) :headbang::kickass:

Hi Mike!

I literally got to see about 2 minutes of After Forever before having security kick me out of the walkway. That was the extent of it for me. With SUE, Pathosray and Riverside next year something will have to change.

We were busy both days. Sales were pretty good - basically stable from the year before. What was surprising to us was that certain titles that we expected to do extremely well were virtually ignored. We had the new Sieges Even a week ahead of street date but it didn't sell very much. Had the "powers that be" announced Pathosray on Friday we would have sold out of the disc and it would have been a financial winner for us.

All in all it was good and we'll be back next year.

Ken Golden

I know I had to put back some CDs I would have gotten because of lack of funds. Once things are back to normal, I've already put together a list of CDs I'll be purchasing (with a bunch from Laser's Edge). I need to start putting away money for my PP fund next year so I don't run into the same situation.

Had the "powers that be" announced Pathosray on Friday we would have sold out of the disc and it would have been a financial winner for us.

I was beginning to wonder if things would go more this way next year. Perhaps Glenn will give the vendors a slight heads up next year on what particular bands it might be a good idea to bring more of for their tables and then do the announcement on Friday or earlier on Saturday. It would be kinda cool to be able to pick up some material by the bands announced for the next fest since the vendors we get at PP are much more likely to have those bands than any of our local retailers. :headbang:

Then again, I would totally understand if Glenn decided not to do something like that. Time will tell and we shall see.

Bobbie:

Actually we knew all the bands performing next year and brought deep stock on them on the off chance that it would slip out which bands were invited. Upon penalty of castration, we were asked in advance to zip our traps and so we did. I have a strong feeling that it will play out differently in the future.

Ken Golden