The last album that completely owned your soul

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
I was thinking today (I know, I didn't hurt myself this time) that there hasn't really been an album in the last couple of years that has just completely floored me. I've been buying/downloading albums like crazy, and although I found some really good gems, I haven't found *that* album. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but does anyone else feel this way as well? If not, please, by all means let me know what album is a must-buy.

It would be greatly appreciated.

been a couple, actually

swallow the sun- hope

ari koivunen- fuel for the fire (im telling you, this kid can SING)

dream theater- systematic chaos (ministry of lost souls is AMAZING)

sir millard mulch- How to sell the whole fucking universe to everybody once and for all

(ministry of lost souls is AMAZING)
I'm loving that song too, & I'm no Dream Theater fan. :headbang:

The most recent album that owned my soul... probably the new Iron Maiden tbh. I know it's hardly cutting-edge progressive metal, but for what it is it's an excellent effort imo, & definitely my favorite album from 2006.

I've yet to hear the new Devin Townsend or Symphony X though...

i find that i cant really get into any "one" album because if i listen to it for a week straight it's ruined for me and i cant ever listen to it again. and i dont want that to happen :(

Rites of Spring - End on End (see my avatar)

Awesome early emo/hardcore, check it out if you like that kind of stuff... ya know, punk or alt rock. :)