The last album that completely owned your soul

Yeah. Of course new emo bands are a fucking joke, and Rites of Spring shouldn't be lumped into that category.

The last one that COMPLETELY owned my soul (and still does every time I hear it) is Gojira - From Mars to Sirius.

Honorable mentions aka albums you should definitely get:

Between the Buried and Me - Alaska
Textures - Drawing Circles
The Human Abstract - Nocturne

Ram-Zet, Escape and Intra. These two blew me away about a month ago. Norwegian, gothic, post-black metal, the male vocalist has a very interesting black metal voice and the woman, a sexy voice as well. The music is extremely heavy and discordant, with great use of keyboards. I think their whole theme is being schizo...mixing discordant and melodic parts together, with storylines about a patient (the male) and a nurse (bird).

http://www.myspace.com/ramzet

Here, And Innocence, The Final Thrill, and R.I.P. are fantastic songs and everyone should listen to them.

Perhaps this calls for a sig change too.

ew ramzet. the guy that got me into emperor and lux occulta poorly reccomended them... shpongled too. some people! boy!

i spun, i BELIEVE, the latest october 31. and that owned me. very pleasantly surprised. it was like deceased but somehow a bit more enjoyable. great stuff!

i spun angel witch's first one about three weeks ago, along with volume 4 by BS. loved that time spent.

The "Enemies of Reality" remix.
that CD was the first time I had ever heard Nevermore and I
still love every track on it.
Arch Enemy -"Wages of Sin" :headbang:

I think Intra is the best. The female vocals are less operatic and more sexay. which I like. Pure Therapy is obviously the least best but still decent.

Completely owned my soul?

Graveland - Will Stronger Than Death and Watain - Sworn To The Dark.

Sigh - Hangman's Hymn is getting there, though.

My soul is currently divided between:

Communic - Waves of Visual Decay

The Faceless - Akeldama

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Becoming the Archetype - Physics of Fire

Ahhhhhh I forgot Communic! Both of their albums are great.

Becoming the Archetype's new one is way worse then their first :(

The last one that COMPLETELY owned my soul (and still does every time I hear it) is Gojira - From Mars to Sirius.

Honorable mentions aka albums you should definitely get:

Between the Buried and Me - Alaska
Textures - Drawing Circles
The Human Abstract - Nocturne

BTBAM - Alaska (Love it)
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius - these guys kick ass

Can't think of anymore right now, im sure i will later