the last fifteen minutes have arguably been the worst of my life

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
I told my roommate he couldn't live with us in September because of a semi-fictional "good friend Paul" who was moving in. The truth is that nobody wanted to deal with him living there anymore, but I think that would have made him cry/commit suicide, so we went for the fiction of a long-lost friend regretfully moving to Boston and needing a room. I was pushed forth to be the Villain...ironically because I was among the most pro-Jeff in the house, and the others would have been really mean about it and just shouted at him. And we have to live here for three more months, so the consensus was it was better if he hated one person than a whole houseful of people he could screw over.

He argued for fifteen minutes, and I had to act like I didn't care and be like "Yeah dude, sorry, but I really want to move Paul in!" Which was a total fiction, really, so I sat there and acted the asshole and maintained it solely to spare his feelings. "Why don't YOU move out and in with him instead of kicking one of your roommates out, huh?" he insisted. I wanted to shout "BECAUSE LISA AND GRANT SAID THEY WERE MOVING OUT IF YOU STAYED!" but didn't.

So I feel incredibly guilty, like a huge asshole, knowing he's miserable two rooms over and hates me for it. The thing I hate most in the world is being legitimately despised...and this is that.

i would much rather not live with him...they just have a much lower tolerance for his bullshit (which is legion). especially lisa--he really tries to get on her nerves as a sort of passive-aggressive way of pushing her around. i'm just generally pretty willing to suffer in silence rather than rock the boat, and none of the others are.

well kudos to you for stepping up to plate and engaging the situation.

kudos.jpg

yea it takes guts to actually tell him that. but you know, you had to do it. and even if he thinks he hates your guts, it doesn't matter. you honestly spared the guy from total humiliation and being put down badly otherwise.

if in the next three months he continues to be really pissy and mean about stuff i might one day snap and tell him the truth. dear god, if you do indeed watch over your hebrew children, please guide jeff into being cool about shit.

is he really that thick that he wouldnt even consider the fact that maybe you were 'just saying that' about a new roommate? i mean, it'd be the first thing i'd think of, and i'd be like 'oh okay' and never mention it again and slink away.

then again, i have shame...

looks like you minimized a messy situation, and i guess that's all you could do. what boggles my mind is how you devised a counterpoint to "Why don't YOU move out and in with him instead of kicking one of your roommates out, huh?".

wow.

i really think he doesn't (yet) conceive of that possibility, preppy. in fact, i think i need to play up that i'm acting unilaterally as long as possible...he could seriously make things miserable for the whole household in the last three months if he is truly an asshole, and since i've heard him say some really asshole, frat-boy things...

yeah, he somehow thinks that me--who's on the lease, lived in this house for two years, friends with everyone in the house before we lived together, name's on all the bills--and him have equal House Pull. um, no.