The last minority group in the West that can be openly ridiculed and slammed

crimsonfloyd said:
I can't respect obese people, cuz they obviously don't respect themselves to let their bodies reach such a disgusting level, and yes I know that some obese people have metablosim disorders and so forth, but this is a small portion of the mounds of fat-asses in America. Athiests... I really don't see how they're one of the last minorities...

Such a disgusting level? I must ask...is there a certain level of obesity at which you consider it to be "disgusting", or does someone have to either be a fucking stick or very well built to be respectable?

i know some obese people and most of them are really nice and not dumb at all. ao why should i not respect or not like them? on the other hand, i could never get into a closer relationship with a fat woman, it just doesn't attract me.

The Devil's Steed said:
Such a disgusting level? I must ask...is there a certain level of obesity at which you consider it to be "disgusting", or does someone have to either be a fucking stick or very well built to be respectable?

I'd say 40% or more body fat is too much.

Fat girls are so nasty, ewwwww. I mean i like girls with figures, but not sweaty piles of fat. I mean, some wear clothes that are intend to fit, but instead they show of skin, and its just hanging out:ill::yuk:

The Devil's Steed said:

Hmmm I don't know where you got the stick part from. The fact that people starve themselves to try and fit a certian social mold is just as disgusting to me as the fact that other people can't stop eating cuz they feel they don't fit the same mold. I have no problem with people being fuller then the typical Hollywood actor or actress, its when people allow themselves to reach a wieght that is destructive to their health and creates limitations on their life that I lose respect for them.

10 is a little low though... I'd say more like 12 - ... Maybe a little less than 30 but of course men and women are different.

our wonderfully hypocritical government calls displaying the 10 commandments in a public/gov. building unconstitutional, yet prints "in god we trust" on the money and "under god" in the nation's pledge. always irked me how they can get away with such contradiction. either they allow it or they don't.

most people especially in America, aren't even sure what they are, most people dont even think about religion very much.

Silent Song said:
our wonderfully hypocritical government calls displaying the 10 commandments in a public/gov. building unconstitutional, yet prints "in god we trust" on the money and "under god" in the nation's pledge. always irked me how they can get away with such contradiction. either they allow it or they don't.

Indeed. Our money needs to be fixed.

crimsonfloyd, I didn't necessarily think you meant that someone has to be a "stick", I was simply using that as the opposite end of the spectrum. Your comments made it seem as if being even slightly over-weight made it impossible to respect someone, but now I see what you mean.

I think people are so quick to dismiss athiesm because Christianity (or religion of any kind) is just such an accepted part of a person's life. Now that things are more PC, it's perfectly acceptable for someone to be a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, whatever just as long as they have a religion. But athiesm is like a big black void that scares people. I think most others see it as not having a family, as in you don't have anywhere you come from.

I have to admit I'm an athiest who's fat-ist ... because Atheism isn't a threat to your health and you don't really see many Athiests suing churches for destroying their belief in God.

dreaming neon darkspot said:
But athiesm is like a big black void that scares people.

Very much so, because it's a negation, not an affirmation.

I'm glad I'm not an atheist.

infoterror said:
Very much so, because it's a negation, not an affirmation.

I'm glad I'm not an atheist.

In what way? Just because the a- prefix? I dunno about all atheists but I can speak for quite a few of them when I describe myself as also a humanist. I affirm humanity and the value of our lives on earth.

I don't understand the apprehension the word is approached with. Atheism is a simple statement about your God-belief, specifically, a simple statement that could be expressed in binary as follows: 0. "What is your God-belief?" "0." There is none. The world is a far more interesting and complex place than the simple sketch of a world view that any religion describes. I see no need to necesserily have an "ism" that describes me, though I consider myself an atheist.