The latest on the IE bassist saga

Seventh Son

Zero Salvation
Apr 16, 2001
Sydney, Australia
homepage.mac.com
I just got this in my latest email my www.BraveWords.com

According to their website, ICED EARTH have a possible replacement for bassist Steve DiGiorgio. „Currently, plans are forming to have James MacDonough return as a touring bassist, with the potential for him to appear on future recordings as well," www.icedearth.com reported. There are also rumours that the band may be jumping the Century Media ship for another label, however the site states that "no official talks have begun with anyone yet‰...

And this comes from the Official HomePage for IE:www.icedearth.com

Iced Earth will no longer be working with Steve DiGiorgio. He recently backed out of a previous commitment to tour with the band, and thus his association with Iced Earth will be limited to a "guest musician" spot on Horror Show. Currently, plans are forming to have James MacDonough return as a touring bassist, with the potential for him to appear on future recordings as well.

The European release of Horror Show has been moved back a week to June 25th, matching it up with U.S. release a day later. After the release in late June, Iced Earth plans to begin a world tour to promote the album in August. Unfortunately the hoped-for record release party in Chicago will not be taking place.

Finally, despite reports to the contrary on the Internet, Iced Earth is not close to signing with any new record label. Although the band's deal with Century Media is coming to an end, and they will likely be talking with many labels in the coming months, no official talks have begun with anyone yet.

Originally posted by Seventh Son
After the release in late June, Iced Earth plans to begin a world tour to promote the album in August.

Spawny... you reading this?? Who's touring Australia in August?? Could it be the same band that announced a while ago that they were touring here in August but tickets haven't gone on sale yet because the tour details are still getting stitched up?? What 'details' could they possibly be sorting out?? Possibly a support band??

I apologize in advance for getting your hopes up but it does kinda fit nicely, especially with the recent rumours.

Yes! I think it fits well!!!

And Iced Earth have never done what they've called a WORLD TOUR before! They have only done US and European tours, never a WORLD TOUR.

This looks promising!

Originally posted by Cooperman

Spawny... you reading this?? Who's touring Australia in August?? Could it be the same band that announced a while ago that they were touring here in August but tickets haven't gone on sale yet because the tour details are still getting stitched up?? What 'details' could they possibly be sorting out?? Possibly a support band??

I apologize in advance for getting your hopes up but it does kinda fit nicely, especially with the recent rumours.

Yep i read that a while ago.....i didnt want to post it cos ive crapped on about iced enough lately :D
It DOES fit nicely however, you are correct there........this is like the freakin xfiles.......:D

Here, what's all this about bands touring in August while *I'm* out of town and therefore can't see them? Huh?? I'm only just managing to see Megadeth because they play the night before I head off to Alice Springs, so Iced Earth better not think they're going to be playing while I'm gone.

What a cheek...