The lineup is now complete ...

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
We are proud to announce the remaining 2 bands for ProgPower Scandinavia:

- Orphaned Land
- Firewind

With Israeli metal/folk/worldmusic band Orphaned Land we believe we have found the perfect headliner for the Saturday show - the band has been a long time favorite of ours, and we have seen them perform at various concerts around the world, always to great applause from the audience, so there were no doubts in our minds that they would fit perfectly on our bill and would be able to claim their place as the headliner of the 2nd day of the festival. Firewind from Greece is one of the best-known exponents for melodic heavy metal infused with some old school neo-classical guitar shredding and true powerhouse vocals. We're extremely happy to have these bands on-board!

The final line-up is:

Friday November 9th:
00.15-01.45 - MERCENARY
22.25-23.55 - THRESHOLD
21.05-22.05 - CIRCUS MAXIMUS
20.00-20.45 - SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE

Saturday November 10th:
00.25-01.55 - ORPHANED LAND
22.50-00.05 - FIREWIND
21.30-22.30 - ELDRITCH
20.10-21.10 - DARKANE
19.05-19.50 - MACHINE MEN
18.00-18.45 - ANDROMEDA

See you all there (well, hopefully :)).

Claus
ProgPower Scandinavia / Intromental Management

Awesome job with the lineup Claus! Especially Orphaned Land is an excellent addition and makes me want to go to the festival even more - cool schedule too, the kind of late start at 8pm on Friday should help us foreigners to not miss anything even if flying in the same day :)

Thanks guys for the comments!

This line-up is what we wanted for the first year, a balance between bands we love and bands we ... love :) *hehe*

We really hope you will be supportive as well when the time comes for the ticket sale to start (probably June 1st - perhaps already next week).

Cheers,
Claus and Lars

Looks great guys-- The festival scene is stronger than ever right now! Im excited that our music is getting stronger everywhere!!! Good luck in your inaugural festival! I know you wont make as many mistakes as I did :)

How many tickets will be on sale..or how big is the venue? Just trying to get a picture in my mind.

The venue holds 700 people, and we expect 100 people from press/VIP's, crew etc., so remember to be fast, when the tickets go on sale...this will happen very soon. Please check in on the news regularly.

Lars

This sounds amazing. Are there not any special priveleges you get like with ProgPowerUK?

Like the first 50 people last year got VIP passes or gold passes or something similar.

I look forward to coming. I'm coming purely for Firewind! I like the other bands but wouldn't usually bother travelling to Denmark to see them...as I am scared of flying...

Yes...but hopefully all will be good!!!

xx Kirsty

:headbang: :headbang: Hey Claus,Greetings from the UK,what a superb line up,I booked flights on saturday as a suprise birthday present for my wife .You must be psychic as her FAVOURITE band are Orphaned Land,so they are the icing on the cake for a wonderful weekend.Could you recommend any hotels within easy reach of the airport and the Rock that are reasonably priced please?.Many thanks . looking forward to November :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: See you there:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

How many tickets will be on sale..or how big is the venue? Just trying to get a picture in my mind.

Was at The Rock for the Kamelot show last Thursday and i was right up front. I took this pic that might give you an idea how it is. There where no barriers and hopefully it will not be at PPscan either since they will "steal" a lot of space.

2007_0520kamelotmai070068.jpg

Was at The Rock for the Kamelot show last Thursday and i was right up front. I took this pic that might give you an idea how it is. There where no barriers and hopefully it will not be at PPscan either since they will "steal" a lot of space.

Hey Lars,
it was great seeing you again, although I was damn busy working most of the night. How did you like the show? Too bad about the heat, hopefully it won't be as bad come November - we're gonna have new aircondition in there soon.
Cheers,
Claus

Hey Lars,
it was great seeing you again, although I was damn busy working most of the night. How did you like the show? Too bad about the heat, hopefully it won't be as bad come November - we're gonna have new aircondition in there soon.
Cheers,
Claus

Hey Claus, really great to see you again as well. I think the show was great, but i've seen some complain about the sound? I can't really tell because i was almost on top of the monitors:lol:
Anyway, i liked the venue and the atmosphere, but as you said, it was HOT in there. One thing is to spend some time watching a band or two, but for the PPScand it will definatly be in place with some cooling. The Rock was for sure a great place to visit for my first ever visit to Copenhagen and if i'm not there in November, i'm most likely dead:heh:

Hey Claus, really great to see you again as well. I think the show was great, but i've seen some complain about the sound? I can't really tell because i was almost on top of the monitors:lol:
Anyway, i liked the venue and the atmosphere, but as you said, it was HOT in there. One thing is to spend some time watching a band or two, but for the PPScand it will definatly be in place with some cooling. The Rock was for sure a great place to visit for my first ever visit to Copenhagen and if i'm not there in November, i'm most likely dead:heh:

Regarding the complaints about the sound, I think most people say that it was too loud and there was too much bass in the mix. That's the fault of Kamelot's sound guy who decided to do it that way. I don't know why he wanted it to be that loud, but apparently he did.

See you in November :)

c.