The Long Forgotten Demo

replicated

Threadkiller
Nov 1, 2004
Bumfuck, MI 69666
I know there was a thread posted a looooong time ago about this, but I realllllllllly want to hear this material. I just purchased Idle EP, the live album, I've had No Reply for a while, and it is my favorite album of my collection and I have heard the two samples for the upcoming release. I am obsessed and must hear the demo material. I will pay quite a bit of money to get my hands on some of this stuff. Please satiate my Daylight Dies addiction. :hotjump:

I just heard Stronger Days from the Long Forgotten Demo. I love the blackmetalish voice, lmao. You were right Jesse, it's not Daylight Dies. But hell, I still fucking love it. It kind makes you feel like you were there when it all started. Hell, the quality's not even that bad. :hotjump:

EDIT: I jsut realized my sig was in sync during the fast part of Stronger Days. Fucking weird.

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Hey Egan, jesse etc.

Dark Isle of Comatose, any chance you'll ever redo that song? Cuz imo it's a brilliant piece and deserving of dusting off and giving a makeover. :)

I wonder how the guitars were set up in that song. They are t3h 1337. :hotjump:

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
Hey Egan, jesse etc.

Dark Isle of Comatose, any chance you'll ever redo that song? Cuz imo it's a brilliant piece and deserving of dusting off and giving a makeover. :)

Unfortunately no chance of that being redone I think..

Although it was sort of redone (at least a little) for "In the Silence".. take a listen to the two and I think you'll hear what I mean.

I finally managed to obtain this demo...! I think it is actually quite good. It's true that it doesn't really sound much like the Daylight Dies of today, but there is some resemblance. I wish that these songs wouldn't truly be forgotten -- I think it'd be nice to see some of them played live.

longforgotten.jpg

Forgotten? Kidding, right? It may not sound like what DD sound today but, hell, it is great. A cant agree with Jesse saying those are just rough ideas. And even if they were, it still remains a piece of art. It is fast, hard, melancholic, some kind of melodic death metal.

Shadow, can you buy one for me? I only have the demo downloaded. Is there only a cassete. Here, in my town, there is nowhere to find this demo and buy it.

InsArtTure said:
Forgotten? Kidding, right? It may not sound like what DD sound today but, hell, it is great. A cant agree with Jesse saying those are just rough ideas. And even if they were, it still remains a piece of art. It is fast, hard, melancholic, some kind of melodic death metal.

Shadow, can you buy one for me? I only have the demo downloaded. Is there only a cassete. Here, in my town, there is nowhere to find this demo and buy it.
Yeah, I like it. Although the band seems to distance themselves from it a bit (as well as Idle), unfortunately. But I understand -- it's not what they want Daylight Dies to be known for, really. Maybe it's not the work what they're most proud of. (Though I still think they should revisit some of this work!)

I don't have access to another to another one. The tape is from 1999, and long sold out. It is difficult to come by, and I don't believe there were many copies. Jesse -- do you know how many were made in total?

I think its an excellent demo. Even if it isn't much what DD sounds like now, I think you still hear some of them in it.

yeah i managed to get a copy in el paso texas , at some random pawn shop,well i just paid 5 dlls for it and dang! what a lucky motherfucker....and i was looking for nothing in specific actually... great demo!