The Longest Year Video

DarkGift

ov Doom
Sep 22, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
withinthefall.bandcamp.com
No thread about this one yet?

So, what do you guys think? I think it's a lot better than the last one, fits katatonias style better as well. A bit boring though.

Edit: Just saw it isn't posted on the website yet, perhaps it's not allowed to discuss until the official release, feel free to lock this thread in that case :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the atmosphere in this video alot!
The shots are very easily done as how i see it.. but the effects applied to it make it very Katatonia-ish, so it doesn't matter.
the only downside of this video is that only Jonas takes part in this video.. i'd personally prefer to have the others in it to.. but that's pretty hard without a stable line-up.

funny...
..the more I see this new video , the more I start to appreciate the previous "day and then the shade" video...:err: "longest day" doesn't express any sort of feeling and continue to display the reddish atmosphere which I think was more related to TGCD, while Day and the shade looked more professionally made

I seem to be the only one who thinks this video destroys, the more I watch it, the more I like it. Great imagery, with the statues and everything. It's pretty excentric and suits Katatonia very well, great job imo. This one and July are the only "great' Katatonia videos, the one for My Twin is cool but a bit cheesy, and I didn't like the others.

Actually I have to say I think this is a much better video, its not TGCD definitly more refined sounding and characterful, no can't dis this video.

I seem to be the only one who thinks this video destroys, the more I watch it, the more I like it. Great imagery, with the statues and everything. It's pretty excentric and suits Katatonia very well, great job imo. This one and July are the only "great' Katatonia videos, the one for My Twin is cool but a bit cheesy, and I didn't like the others.

Mostly agree, but it simply does not look proffessional enough. It's like some total amateurs filmed something for å school project, and then someone with some actual moviemaking skills added a lot of cool effects to make it somewhat decent.

I am very happy with this video. I thought it was all tastefully done...no cheese whatsoever. Katatonia doesnt have to have pro shit. I was happy to just have Jonas in the elements...because he is the voice of katatonia and the main writer. If the rest of the band (ummm...Anders and Daniel?) were in it... it wouldve ended up a "band" video...IMHO taking away from the atmosphere of the song and the video.

Either way...I think this is my fav video from katatonia :)

Mostly agree, but it simply does not look proffessional enough. It's like some total amateurs filmed something for å school project, and then someone with some actual moviemaking skills added a lot of cool effects to make it somewhat decent.

The footage of the streets and clouds running fast are great ideas that are essential to the video, they might not look all that professional, but the whole combination thrills me like few music videos.

this clip is quite enigmatic.... all this burning red and flames, made me quite unquiet i've to say.

all that I see is full of symbolic images

one of all

the she-wolf that is nursing the children is the symbol of Rome, the old legend of the foundation of the city, " Lupa Capitolina"...you can see all rome full of this image....that impress me much

can you find any others according with your country?

it really could have been a fan made video if jonas wasn't in it :p they could have had some short bits with the band playing the song as well, would have made it more interesting for me anyway

qth: yeah, i guess it does, it's probably good for people who are new to katatonia :) but as a fan of the band you probably already know the song and then the video is kind of pointless imo

the she-wolf that is nursing the children is the symbol of Rome, the old legend of the foundation of the city, " Lupa Capitolina"...you can see all rome full of this image....that impress me much

Romulus, and Remus.

can you find any others according with your country?

It´s all recorded at Millesgården in Lidingö, Stockholm.
breakdown of the sculptures;
0:25
Carl Miles - Poseidon
Carl Miles - Människan och Pegasus (the human and pegasus)

0:28
Carl Miles - Guds Hand (hand of god)

0:39
Carl Miles - Musicerande änglar (angels making music)

1:02
?

1:07
Carl Miles - Bågskytten (the archer)

2:32
?? - Romulus and Remus (right outtside Annes Hus)

4:02
Carl Miles - Poseidon med brunnskar (Posseidon with..errr. wellbucket?? :) )

more info and pics;
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millesgården
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Milles

Now for the rest of you stockholmare, find the houses so we can do some serious stalking.