THE MADMAN HEAVY MET-ALE (Please vote)

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
I am currently working hard to release beer under my madman mascot. I have 4 similiar beer labels but am having a hard time deciding which label I like best. If you could take a moment and view all 4, and take select your favorite with the poll I've added, it would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.themetalmadman.com/hopway.html

Here is 1 of the 4 beer labels....

hopway1.jpg

I was thinking Dragon balls?

Hahahaha! Well for the beer geeks like me, they will recognize that they are actually giant "hop seeds" on fire in his hands. I'm working to release an IPA (Indian Pale Ale), and those are known for being really "hoppy" beers hence the name HOPWAY TO HELL.

For more information on hops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hops

:kickass:

Sorta like how Victory Brewing incorporated hops into the face of there "Hopdevil"

hopdevil_200.gif

Hahahaha! Well for the beer geeks like me, they will recognize that they are actually giant "hop seeds" on fire in his hands. I'm working to release an IPA (Indian Pale Ale), and those are known for being really "hoppy" beers hence the name HOPWAY TO HELL.

For more information on hops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hops

:kickass:

Sorta like how Victory Brewing incorporated hops into the face of there "Hopdevil"

hopdevil_200.gif

I'm a big IPA fan :kickass: I will admit I'm not too big into the REALLY hoppy ones though. How strong do you plan on making yours?

I'm a big IPA fan :kickass: I will admit I'm not too big into the REALLY hoppy ones though. How strong do you plan on making yours?

Around 6 or 7%. Not quite an Imperial IPA. Im a huge IPA fanatic, and love hoppy beers. Im currently in talks with a very good brewery to help release this in 22 ounce bombers.

What are some of your favorite IPA's? Mine are Hop Wallop, Hoptical Illusion, Hopdevil, 420 IPA, Hop3, Dogfish Head 60 Minute, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, and when I want a lesser hop kick IPA I go with Harpoon IPA.

I cant drink anything domestic like Bud, Coors, Miller, Michelob, etc etc. The only mainstream beer I'll drink really is Sam Adams.

Are you going to try to make this beer available at ProgPower? I'd like to try it, if it's ok, with Glenn and the venue/bartenders.

BTW, I really like Label 1 and especially the font. But for some reason the simpler font in Label 3 seems to work better with the artwork as a whole. So I voted for Label 3.

I really like Label 1 and especially the font. But for some reason the simpler font in Label 3 seems to work better with the artwork as a whole. So I voted for Label 3.

I agree about the simpler font in Label 3. I think if you saw both labels on the bottle, the first one would look a little more cluttered in the smaller format.

And, I think you should run with what Glenn said, and say, "Yes, those are huge flaming BALLS!" It's as if the Madman is saying, "Would you like some balls? Then drink my beer!"

Around 6 or 7%. Not quite an Imperial IPA. Im a huge IPA fanatic, and love hoppy beers. Im currently in talks with a very good brewery to help release this in 22 ounce bombers.

What are some of your favorite IPA's? Mine are Hop Wallop, Hoptical Illusion, Hopdevil, 420 IPA, Hop3, Dogfish Head 60 Minute, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, and when I want a lesser hop kick IPA I go with Harpoon IPA.

I cant drink anything domestic like Bud, Coors, Miller, Michelob, etc etc. The only mainstream beer I'll drink really is Sam Adams.

Man, you sold me based on your tastes alone! Hoptical Illusion is one of my all time favorites (Blue Point Brewery is in my hometown!), and I'm a big fan of the Dogfish 60 and 90 minutes as well...120 was too much for me so I guess you can judge my limits based on that. I'm always trying new ones when I come across them too, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for a couple you mentioned I haven't had.

I hear you on the domestic stuff, and I am also a fan of Sam Adams - actually, Sam is an ancestor of mine, no joke :kickass: Oh, and the presidents too technically, but I've got priorities :heh:

Your standard beers. Bud (or was it miller.. I forget), Heineken, Guiness.. etc...

If he really wanted to he could call up Center Stage to see if they'd like a 'special shipment' or something. But that would be more as a vendor for Center Stage.

Your standard beers. Bud (or was it miller.. I forget), Heineken, Guiness.. etc...

If he really wanted to he could call up Center Stage to see if they'd like a 'special shipment' or something. But that would be more as a vendor for Center Stage.

any Sam Adams at least? like DrumRMan, i can't touch any of the american macros, and Sam is sort of my standard go-to bar beer.

Shaq!!

I'll be visiting your hometown Saturday (July 28) and going to the Bluepoint Brewery for the 1st time ever!

A friend of mines band LAZARUS is playing in WANTAGH Saturday night with Dokken at a place called Mulcahys. Figure while I'm on Long Island might as well visit the place!

http://www.myspace.com/lazaruslongisland

BTW Whitehawk IPA sucks. Its not that its too hoppy its too much unmalted balance for an IPA making it taste like piss.

Rawk on dude!