The Maiden Tour is coming to my hometown!!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
I've gotten word that Iron Maiden are playing the Germain Ampitheatre at Polaris in Columbus, OH on Saturday, August 9th!!!!!!!!!! I sincerely hope Anthrax get added to this bill so I can see them outdoors. Throw in Dio and Lemmy and you've got a star filled Saturday Night!! A week later, I'll be in Detroit's Comerica Park watching KISS and Uncle Teddy!!

I haven't gotten a complete schedule yet. It is just so cool to have them in the state capitol. I know at some point in the 80's they played the Ohio Center Battelle Hall here, but on the 90 tour it was just Cleveland and Cincy and 92/99/00 were all just Cleveland. I actually think it would be great if Columbus was the only Ohio show this time around so that Ed Heads from all around the Buckeye state would converge upon Polaris and we'de have 20,000 strong singing along to "The Number of the Beast!!!!"

.....somewhere on this board I read that Maiden is good for 200.000 copies of theire album, but still they are playing for 20.000 people??? Is this whisfull thinking or do they really attract big crowds???

They still draw huge crowds. These crowds are there because of the great back catalog they grew up with.

I'd say that there's a good chance to run into a mullethead at an Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead show. Nonetheless, all these bands rule. I saw Dio last summer with Voivod opening and it was an awesome show! Dio still has an excellent voice and when he did "Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" I wished he was back with Sabbath....