how do you like movie The Matrix?

• awesome

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • good

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • sux

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
Are you referring to the first Matrix movie?

Aragorth said:
I saw just first one (part of it) and it suxed very soon...but I am referring to all parts.
The Matrix (as a trilogy) is really good I think. I try not to be picky about every plot or stupid little CG mistakes.

I hate the first two, though Reloaded takes the cake. Pretentious pseudo-philosophical bullshit that comes off looking more like a George W. Bush comment rather than a philosophical idea. That and Keanu Reeves's acting is terrible.

Reactions: Hitori
I guess I'll go against popular opinion here:

The Matrix is my (and my daughters) favorite movie of all time - I'm referring to the 1st Matrix. I loved the 2nd one too. I can't wait to see the 3rd installment, and then finally buy all 3 DVD's, and watch them all at once.

I'd say it all sucks. Thing is, on paper, it should all be awesome, kinda. The settings are awesome, the idea is great, the storyline is cool....but.....it just all falls apart on screen. =/ The dialogue gets worse and worse (1st one nothing special, 2nd one as Sonnenritter said was just filled with lame-ass peicemeal pop-philosophy, and the 3rd script is nothing but unbearable cheese and cliche), the acting leaves a fair bit to be desired, and the forced way it tried to be 'intelligent' and philosophical completely ruins the entire thing, especially seeing as the third one has NO kind of philosophy at all and is just an all-out action film.

To me, The Matrix would have been an excellent and hugely epic trilogy/story if they had removed all attempts at philosophy and pretentious mindfucks and just had the whole thing more direct.....most specifically by cutting all the crap in Reloaded, and by killing Morpheus early in the first one. (heh.) As it stands, the trilogy falls flat on its face because it in no way cashes in or takes advantage of the little gains it makes with the philosophical side by the end. Its just fancy entertainment wearing a rather shoddily made mask of 'intelligence'.

That movie was the worst piece of cliched, recycled, poorly written pieces of crap I've watched in a long time....effects somewhat ok, but everything else sacrificed for the effects pretty much....should have left it at the original and that was all.

I thought i was all alone in the world, everyone here loves it... im being dragged to the third one by my little brother...

I think they're good movies but terribly overrated. I mean the effects and fighting are cool but i HATE how people think its a life-changing experience.