The Mentality of Averse Sefira

well, the trend is developed countries = no growth / developing = high growth. My point was that Christianity had little to do with it. Promoting monogamy would be that "little".

That's true only within certain parameters - China has very little population growth and is definitely part of the 'developing world.' The difference? China is an overwhelmingly secular society. Most Eastern European countries (overwhelmingly secular) have very low birthrates as well, despite being developing economies. The US has the highest birth rate in the developed world - it's also the most religious society in the developed world. The pattern is brutally clear here. Abrahamic religion = breeder friendly.

US also has the most influx of people from developing countries. Have you ever seen 30 mexicans come pouring out of a van? Its a funny sight. China has had that law that limits 1 child per family. Even now, they have a "family planning system" that encourages no more than 2. China General Information, China Information
Brutal eh?

If you are arguing that Christianity creates criminals, this argument is not worth my time.

US also has the most influx of people from developing countries. Have you ever seen 30 mexicans come pouring out of a van? Its a funny sight.

US birthrates are also much higher than those in Europe and Japan - well above replacement rate. The US would be growing even without immigration - European countries are contracting.

China has had that law that limits 1 child per family. Even now, they have a "family planning system" that encourages no more than 2. China General Information, China Information
Brutal eh?

Sounds like a good idea to me - not that you'd ever get it passed in a "Christian nation" like the US, where opposition to abortion is fierce.

It's easy to get an abortion here. The clinic is on my university campus ffs.
Otherwise, what you said there is true. America has much land, unlike Japan and others. It will be an issue soon enough, but not now.
I never much cared for crowds tho...

Averse Sefira: definite must-hear for black metal fans. Battle's Clarion reminds me of the more chaotic, clattery elements of early Satyricon and Enslaved, but also with some symphonic touches.

Tetragrammatical Astygmata is a completely different beast - Darkthrone references are apt - re: hypnotic repetition - but there's also a lot more going on here - more riffs jammed up against each other, denser and more complex drumming. I wouldn't say every song is compelling from beginning to end, but many will hold your focus as you try to figure out just what they're trying to do.

For example, Detonation had me wondering if the entire song was built as a musical palindrome, with riffs mounting up towards the middle of the song, then repeated in reverse order - and each riff played backwards - towards the song's end. (Kind of like level progression in Halo).

Ultimately I don't think that's what they were doing, but how many bands even provoke that kind of thought process?

-gg
np: Enslaved - Below the Lights