Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear eyeliner and listen to CoB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Any of you monkeys go to the beauty salon and receive facials, pedicures, manicures, and the like?!? I know more than one individual who goes in for a de-masculinating primping from time to time. One says " girls love a clean guy". This may be true, but he's rather corpulent, so why not just drop the weight and leave a little dirt under your fingernails? You know, be a modern day Cyrano de Bergerac?!? A swordsman of flesh in a valley of yearning. (Speaking of which, I haven't heard that band in ages.) Anyhow, every fucking day that I drive through the favela of my dismay, not only am I bombarded by visions of cholos wearing baseball caps at 45 degree tilts, but I am also subjugated to metrosexual males who spend hours at the mall in a desperate attempt to emulate Ty Biggs. God damn fucking sickening is what it is! Everyone's so hooked up on fashion it's outright disgusting. Hell I have friends who get all dressed up and have 2 hour photo shoots.
wtf.gif
For Christ sake's our very own Asmodee waxed his chest mere months ago.

The modern day man

johnpaul_metrosexual.jpg

02entbeckham.jpg

pete-wentz-6th-annual-gm-ten-red-carpet-0v1Bzg.jpg

seinfeld_episode066_337x233_040420061510.jpg

The man of yesteryear

2.jpg

Haha!

I haven't got a hair cut in over 4 years, I don't think this thread is for me :lol:

I also don't shave regularly, only trim my nails when they get really annoying, and am generally lazy and unhygenic.

What a catch!

I witnessed a seemingly manly lumberjack man having a manicure at the mall yesterday. And then a foreign metro negar asked for my number :cry:

:erk:

this is a slippery slope

it all amounts to raising the bar and making it harder for real manly men to get laid

not that SOME of us were having much luck anyways :lol:

I haven't got a hair cut in over 4 years, I don't think this thread is for me :lol:
I also don't shave regularly, only trim my nails when they get really annoying, and am generally lazy and unhygenic.
What a catch!

I never shave, my hair hasn't been cut in 3 years, I rarely cut my nails, when they get annoyign theres never trimmers around so I chew em off, and I don't much about hygiene at all, as long as I don't smell bad to my own nose.

Some women still dig it though.

Fuck metrosexuals.

I own exactly 3 pair of shoes... 1 for running/doing workouts, 1 for banquets, 1 for working at my ********/hanging out in clubs.

And I got a shaved head. No gel or shit like that.

edit: Didn't notice the wax thing :lol: I did that once, never did it again.

Haha, I have actually been hugged a lot more recently than I used to by my male friends, something which I actually find kind of odd; sure, if you haven't seen one another in a long time, an embrace may be called for, but instead of a firm and proper handshake? Nope. These persons are far from metrosexuals, but it seems the mores of the latter are spreading rapidly

Anyway, I, to some extent at least, care about what I wear, I try to look proper, shave as soon as the lower parts of my face starts darkening, work out and buy too expensive clothes form time to time (allthough most of the brand clothes I tend to buy used from auction sites...)

I have no problem with manly hugs as long as the are short and only in certain situations. (long time no seen, long time won't see). Handshakes are classy.

Putting my arm around dudes in photos can be ok.

I shave whenever my beard starts to look REALLY bad.

I buy cheap clothes from stores I know the quality is good. I don't wear logos or brandnames (except bands and bike shops). Comfort is the most important thing in my clothing, then colour (which comes from a colour scheme I've followed since I was old enough to pick: black, green, blue, red, grey, some white for summer.

I pick my clothes by randomly grabbing shit from the closet (or floor).

I like the digs at me Jerry! :lol:

I comb my beard, brush my hair, and try not to smell. I wear metal shirts and jeans. I clean my ears too, that shit can bug the hell out of me.

I had 3:

I embrace other men in greeting - I'd say this is true with at least 50% of my male friends.
I support gay marriage - sorry... I'm from a blue state. Plus, anything that pisses off religious people is just aces in my book.
I think Doom Metal sucks - I almost didn't select this one since I don't "think Doom Metal sucks", I know it sucks.

Zod

lol, I think doom metal sucks.
I have more than 3 pairs of shoes, but I wear two. A pair of boots, and a pair of New balance shoes.
the rest are old work boots and old nasty shoes.

Im about as manly as you can get.

:lol: I don't think I can check any* of those boxes but I strive to look and act like Christian Bale's Patrick Bateman, including the murders.

*I've had facials.

only fucking Jerry could make a thread like this :lol:

i read GQ, support gay marriage (heck one of my office made chickas is getting married to her "wife" in July ... she has to move to Mass. to do this), I hug men ocassionally (but they feel like little girls in my sasquatch grasp)

otherwise i am pretty scruffy and wear shit over and over ... all my nail and skin care is performed by meself hovering over a toilet.

chicks dig that I burp in public ... that gas shit has to come out.

I can't really check any box, and while I don't know what the hell potations are I don't want anyone messing with my potatoes.

I've always cut my hair ever year and a half or so, but when I went to a hairdresser a month or so ago was the first time in about seven years - all previous done by myself, a brother, mom or girlfriend.

I've sewn all the patches on my denim myself - the first time anyway. They tend to fall off. I don't really do nail-, or skincare, but I do comb after showering, and to be able to do that I have to use conditioner.

My feet smell so bad I've recently gotten instructions to start by taking my socks off and washing my feet before I get the welcome home-kiss, and I occasionally clog the shitter with my manly logs.