The monopoly that is Ticketmaster! (and why I may not see Opeth this tour)

My ticket came to 30$ Canadian at Ticket master, I consider this cheap! When you think that other people seeing their favourite bands (ie. my friend saw ozzy) are paying almost a hundred bucks, we're lucky to see our favourite band for only 20-30 bucks.

Ticketmaster sucks. My $18 Opeth ticket cost me $27.15 after all the fees were added. That's a 50% mark-up over the face value of the ticket!

Convenience Charge: $4.75
Tax: $0.40
Order Processing Charge: $4.00 (yeah I guess it must be this expensive to print out my ticket, put it in an envelope, and put a 37 cent stamp on it :Smug: )

Total extra charges: $9.15 for one ticket! :rolleyes:

It's not that I mind paying that much to see a band I like, but it just seems like Ticketmaster likes to milk the hell out of people with all these fucking added charges.

Well you guys, if you ALL send them an email and complain about that, maybe they'd think of doing something.. like reducing conveniance charges.

so there's no point telling how much you paid for a ticket, just send them an email and complain..
:)

atrocity said:
Well you guys, if you ALL send them an email and complain about that, maybe they'd think of doing something.. like reducing conveniance charges.

so there's no point telling how much you paid for a ticket, just send them an email and complain..
:)

Well I just like to bitch a little here and there, cause there's nothing I can do about it but pay up. ;)

I don't have the feeling a bunch of emails is gonna make them reduce their prices, unfortunately. :(

His Divine Shadow said:
I don't have the feeling a bunch of emails is gonna make them reduce their prices, unfortunately. :(

i agree but i thought sending emails would be better than bitching in here for "nothing" but comforting each other when you see someone paid more than you lol. :loco: