What can we do about ticketmaster??

Moshking

Aug 1, 2002
Azusa, CA
www.moshking.com
From time to time, I will start posting emails sent to Moshking.com to the Forum that I believe should be discussed by others. Here is one:

-------------
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 6:46 PM
To: moshking@moshking.com
Subject: ticketmaster

what can we do about ticketmaster? now you cant even buy tickets at the box offices before concerts anymore until the day of most shows in which they will probably be sold out by that day anyways. ticketmaster is certainly taking advantage with the convenience charges. Not to mention the order charge, plus facility charges and a ticket delivery charge. The charges are more than the tickets sometimes. im so furious i refuse to buy from ticketmaster anymore which is causing me to miss my favorite bands. What can you do to help on your website?
Martin
:mad:

Hey Martin,

I feel your pain. Sadly, with the large venues, there isn't much you can do. Ticketmaster, which equals LiveNation which equals Clear Channel which equals the evil empire, has bought out most of the large venues in Los Angeles. The only thing you can do is not buy the tickets, which sucks.

Thankfully, most of the mid-size venues in Southern California still do their own ticket sales. Also, there are many shows on Moshking.com where you can buy tickets from opening bands of certain shows. I have noted where either is the case on the Concerts page of Moshking.com.

Granted, you can see many great/legendary bands at festivals outside of the United States. Another way to stick it to Ticketmaster.

I hardly go to big shows anymore. There are tons of great smaller shows to see now. So, I am happy. But, that is about the only thing anyone can do.

Just keep in mind that you have the money. So, you have the power, even as one.

Denis