To Rid The Disease
In My Time Of Need
Patterns In The Ivy II

Then:
To Bid You Farewell
Benighted
Face Of Melinda
Hope Leaves

EDIT: I forgot Still Day Beneath The Sun, but it reminds me of my grandmother, who died 2 months ago.. and it makes me feel really sad. Anyway, that's also a beautiful song.

To bid you farewell.
The night and the silent water.

I agree with the thread starter that there is just something about Morningrise. Also its not a song but the sunbirds in black rose immortal is beautiful.

the acoustic part around 4:00 in The Twilight Is My Robe is very beautiful i think, and Epilogue is definitely one of the most beautiful songs ive ever heard.

Patterns In The Ivy II is the best though. :cry:

Why do ppl think the most beautiful equals the most sad? Weakness is sad but not beatiful. Harvest to me is the most beautiful.

The accoustic part of Bleak after the singing bit with steve wilson. I love the bit where he sings-

Help me cure you
Atone for all you've done
Help me leave you
As all the days are gone

That sends shivers down my back. Excellent

Korlich said:
Why do ppl think the most beautiful equals the most sad? Weakness is sad but not beatiful. Harvest to me is the most beautiful.

For me, what I care about is the emotional impact in general...that can include sadness, certainly--but my personal favorite, "Epilogue", is what I think is actually one of Opeth's most optimistic ever. That song is the dawning of a new morning, in so many ways. :)

I agree... the character in My Arms Your Hearse goes through absolute torment... "Epilogue" is a huge relief, even if he IS moving on... a very powerful ending.

ChrisEmerson said:
i really like weakness. it really reminds me of something but i cant put my finger on it.. another song perhaps. its really annoying me now.

Try Led Zeppelin's - No Quarter.. :)

There's also an effect that sounds like a piano put through a Leslie speaker, that reminds me a bit of the intro to Pink Floyd's song "Echoes"...though I think you're probably right that it's closest to "No Quarter".

This might be an odd mention but for me its Under the Weeping Moon; extremely atmospheric(with drums aping thunder and their most killer riff ever).

B L E A K!!!!!!!!
You're close to the final word....ur staring right past me in dismay.......?