ok, you've all been right about Morningrise all this time

shivering corpse

Ty Cobbb
Sep 20, 2002
smileville
www.geocities.com
for so long now, i've ALWAYS considered Morningrise to be Opeth's worst album...by far. I just never saw what so many other people see in it. The production really got on my nerves, and I thought it was sometimes boring and monotonous. I always loved Advent and To Bid You Farewell. And I liked just parts of Black Rose Immortal.
Well I saw them live on Sunday, and actually Advent was definitely one of my favorite parts, and it prompted me to listen to Morningrise afterward, and it completely clicked...after all this time.

The Night and the Silent Water is completely beautiful and powerful, and Nectar, which I had pretty much considered to be my least favorite Opeth song ever has become my favorite off Morningrise.
The atmosphere is incredible, and right now this is my favorite album.

Morningrise was my first Opeth album and I was intially underwhemled, for about 6 hours. Later that night after a heap of smoke the depth of the album was revealed to me. It has never stopped growing on me since and will always be in top 3 albums ever.

'Black Rose Immortal' hit me the first time I heard it. I downloaded it one day from a recommendation. I have to say that was the song that got me into Opeth. I then purchased the whole album. Morningrise then sealed the deal and opened my eyes to a whole different plane. Currently, they are my favorite. Led Zeppelin still peaks over them from time to time, though.

this was the 3rd one i bought and it was diffrent cause first 2 i got were still life and blackwater,, not just the mixing-production was diffrent, but also there was not much replay of a riff. more like a flow. I think it was one their best. im a guy but i can say this,, To bid you farewell is not only one their 5 best songs ever made but maybe one of the best ever muscially. its like the "comfortably Numb" of Opeth. Advent im glad they play live cause its either that or Nectar they do live off that album. Nectar is good but i think it was the least best off the album. Blackrose there never goin to do unless they finally stretched their shows to 2 hours or more haha I still wish to hear stuff off Orchard live. night and silent water i wish they did but we all know the band hates it.

Morningrise still hasn't clicked with me yet either. I heard Still Life first, then MAYH, then morningrise and orchid. Then BP came out and I was hooked. I don't like orchid much at all, but I could give morningrise another go.