what's your favorite moments on morningrise?

changso

Neverending dreamer...
Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Hi, I just bought Opeth's morningrise!

It's unbelievable I must say!

my favorite moments on the albums are [not in order]:

intrumental intro of "advent"

the clean voicals in "black rose immortal" timed at 10.41. (sunbirds leave .... )

distorted vocals in "black rose immortal" timed at 13.52

the whole intrumental melody in "to bid you farewell"

what's yours?

The entire "sunbirds leave the dark recesses" part
The really scary acoustic part in Black Rose Immortal just after the waves can be heard breaking

The "just another soul in the divine heard" part of BRI

--that still gives me the chills after my 10000 listen of M.

Hey this post is just like I talk IRL - all choppy

i love ALL the mellow parts especially the ones in black rose immortal... (i just made that on midi. ha) also the brutal stuff is great so i like the whoe album but i don't think nectar is all that great....

1st death part of Night and the Silent Water (And So You Left Us...)
"Sunbirds..." is the most beutiful of all Opeth's acoustic parts
"I have Kept it" especaily the way he says "Shadows" I never knew death vox could be so beuitful.
The 20 second scream at the end of Black Rose Immortal
The whole album is phenominal and theres tons of other great moments

Advent - "Shadow's skulk at my coming" (great fucking lyric) through to "survey the slopes"...

I was talking about this to a friend - those goosebump Opeth moments. Another on off Orchid is "I am the watcher in the skyyyyyyyyy!".....

Cheers

Paul D.

The "You.. sleep.. in .. the.. light.. yet... blah blah" part.. the one at 13:38 on Black Rose Immortal... and the EXCELLENT To Bid You Farewell guitar intro part..

THE WHOLE FUCKING ALBUM!!!!
ok.. the entire Black Rose Immortal.. ESPECIALLY that kickass ending...
all the bits which suddenly turn from calm and mellow to a demented growl :D
i kinda like the bit in advent between "shadows skulk at my coming" and "the tainted dogma"
the whispering bit in the night and the silent water: "You sleep in the light Yet the night and the silent water Still so dark... " erm.. well basically the ending heh
and "to bid u farewell" is damn gorgeous
erm. yeh.. and the rest of everything heh..
I LOVE BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL - gives me goosebumps :D

i love the ending of of black rose immortal, that sends a cold chill down my spine everytime i listen to it.

the beginning of BRI is awsome as well.

the night and the silent water is probably my favorite opeth song at the moment. the beginning, the soft parts, and the double melodies are some of the best i've heard. plus the whispers, you know what i'm talking about. opeth needs to put some whispers on the new album.

Morningrise is indeed the best album ever :D
It is loaded with awsome moments... but I think my absolute favorite part is the way To Bid You Farewell ends... for some reason it is just so beautiful the way that ending closes the album... ahhhh it gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

For me towards the end of Advent is pretty memorable. Around the time when Mikael starts shredding and there's this crescendo before the wailing kicks in,,,

"...dancing into the void, we are almost there..."

love that bit...

if you've ever heard this live...the weaving baseline during this quite part also sounds great.

Originally posted by curbstone
Advent - "Shadow's skulk at my coming" (great fucking lyric) through to "survey the slopes"...

Oh my God!!!!!

Is your avatar from Transformers???

I love that show!! I haven't seen it in years, but I grew up with all the toys!