Morningrise and Sepultura

Apr 6, 2008
Has anyone ever made this connection? There are a few parts in Morningrise that have Sepultura written all over them. The one of the clean passages in Advent and a solo in Black Rose Immortal sound like their almost verbatim pulled out of Mass Hypnosis. Maybe it's just me.

Eh, I could kinda see where you'd say Mercyful Fate with the earlier stuff. The earlier stuff to me was more with the Black Metal movement though.

yeah and anyone else notice how master's apprentices sounds a lot like morbid angel's rapture?

That's because Mikael's vocal Idol is none other than David Vincent. He also does a little tribute in the song Beneath the Mire, when he says " of emptiness" Which is from the song God of Emptiness off of Morbid Angel's Covenant album.

Predictable bloody message boards- a non-Opeth band is mentioned, someone has a go at them, in some in-the-club special phrasing, whereby a word is elongated rather than shortened, for no beneficial reason whatsoever. Then someone defends them mentioning only their first few albums, like a predictable bloody meathead bloody metal fan. Same thing happened in the DT discussion, would you lot just fucking grow up and stop being so territorial about bands.

JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE ONE DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO SLAG THE OTHER!

..Then someone defends them mentioning only their first few albums, like a predictable bloody meathead bloody metal fan. ...

Metal meathead?
I didnt even mention their first two releases which pretty much sounds like garagedemos. A typical metal meathead would only mention those.
The albums I mentioned is a big step up from that and are some of the best death/trash metal that has ever been created.

For ALOT of fans they pretty much died after Max left, just look at their forum, I dont think I have seen such a clear split of a fanbase when it comes to "with or without singer X". And now Igor has left too.

So fuck you and your shitty prejudices.

magnum i agree with you for people only defending opeth on an opeth board. Qth, I completely agree with you on everything you've written so far sir

Sorry man, I was having a go at you in particular, I just hate that kind of practice and its so common these days. So few like music for music, its all about scenes, trends, comparison, legacies and bullshit. So to Qth, I apologise.

I wasn't trying to say that Opeth is ripping off Sepultura in any way. I love Opeth. They're my favorite band. I, personally think, Opeth is one of the few genuine bands out there that are just playing whatever the hell they want to play because they like it. They're not trying to please anybody for any reason what so ever. I was just pointing out certain similarities. Not criticizing them or anything. I just heard mass hypnosis on the radio the other day and noticed some similar pieces in the songs. Both bands actually used the same equipment during each of their respected eras.

To give in - no fucking way
To give in - no way

So don't tell us it can't be done
Putting down what you don't know
Money isn't our god
Integrity will free our soul

Enslavement pathetic
Ignorant corporations

Cut-Thoat - cut-throat
Cut-Throat
Cut-Thoat - cut-throat
Cut-Throat