Orchid/Morningrise - cohesiveness

Protected Witness said:
Subjective
Perahps, but lets admit... there's a lot more to explore auraly in Orchid than there is in Deliverance. D1's depth goes as far as face value... Orchid has much more complex mechanics that drive it.

I know I'm subjective there. There're people who enjoy repetitive-to-death songs. My personal taste goes more towards the changing, the progressive side of the whole thing, you know. And when I speak, I do it from my own distorted point of view. Thank you for writing that "subjective" in such big print. I'm more than pleased to let you know I don't wear glasses. Bye.

haha what a faggot of him to do that. he also has someone's sig from this forum, i can't remember who has it though. i mean it's just a quote, but i'm sure if he stole haver's avatar, he found that quote here and stole that too.

hahaha it's a pic from one of my favorite episodes of South Park. basically, cartman gets screwed by that kid with red hair, into buying his pubes, because he wanted to look cool in front of his friends, and saying he had pubes hahaha. so..cartman gets back at him by having the kids parents killed and puts them in chili, at his chili festival. in that picture the kid finds out his parents are in the chili, and he starts crying and cartman is like "yesss yesss scott! let me taste your tears..mm they're so yummy"
but yeah, it's a lot funnier when you just watch it, which i doubt you'd want to, unfortunately, you're missing out.

Demoke said:
I know I'm subjective there. There're people who enjoy repetitive-to-death songs. My personal taste goes more towards the changing, the progressive side of the whole thing, you know. And when I speak, I do it from my own distorted point of view. Thank you for writing that "subjective" in such big print. I'm more than pleased to let you know I don't wear glasses. Bye.
I love how some people think that listening to certain albums instead of others makes them better than other people (this not only applies to Opeth, but music in general). It gives me faith in humanity.

Don't take this place so seriously.

Decadent said:
Perahps, but lets admit... there's a lot more to explore auraly in Orchid than there is in Deliverance. D1's depth goes as far as face value... Orchid has much more complex mechanics that drive it.
How so? This is also subjective.
If you want to go into numbers, there are way more overdubs on the newer albums than the first two. This could be considered a much larger "aural exploration."

Complex, schmomplex. What's complex to some isn't complex to others. Are you speaking as a guitar player? Cause really, it just seems like people are trying to justify the fact that liking Orchid/Morningrise is better than liking any of the other albums.

But what happens if you like all the albums? Well, you are obviously a poseur-bandwagon jumping-ball washing-FANBOY then, right?

Crap. That includes me then. :miserable:

Like I said before, there are brilliant aspects about both newer and older styles. Why does everything break down into these polarizations of new and old?

I'm gonna say that I agree with pretty much everything Decadent has said in this thread so far..
however...that faggot from the Seymore Duncan stole my Chuck Schuldiner quote. I know Chuck said it, but I'm the only person who's ever cited that quote anywhere since the release of that metal maniacs issue some 3 years ago. It was obvious he copied it from me, so along with Gunhaver up there, I too will hunt down his family, raping his mother first

Raping his mother hmm... but that was the original problem wasn't it? Its rat-bastard to steal someone's else's work. Especially if they really did take the time to make the photo. But I don't think bringing more bastards into the world would help.

Besides she might have AIDS.