The Morning Rises

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
K

King Purple Rainbow

When I first listened to MORNINGRISE, I loved it (of course), but still placed ORCHID over it.
Then something special happened.
I took MORNINGRISE to work (I work the graveyard shift), and I listened to it while the morning came. It was magical to say the least. It's hard to describe listening to the final song, "To Bid You Farewell," while the sky is luminated with the glow of morning sun.
This was about the second or third time I've listened to MORNINGRISE all the way through. It is now an equal to ORCHID. ORCHID I still believe has the better first half, MORNINGRISE the better second half. I'm ashamed I left "Black Rose Immortal" off my top ten best songs. It's a masterpiece.

Once again...thank you, Opeth.

I actually did the same thing hehe. 4 am I and my friend climbed up a mountain and sat down on the edge of it listening to morningrise when the morning rose! real magical feeling indeed!

Same thing happened to me with Blackwater Park album on a rainy day...I was a unique experience!

People tend to call me crasy, paranoid or whatever about this kind of thing...

I was listening to Morningrise last summer when I went with my family to the circus. I didn't have any great epiphany like you guys though. I was just trying to distract myself from the scary clowns. I do remember that the cotton candy was stale.

Listening to BWP while accidently wandering through some forested suburbs of my city while under the influence of some heavy hallucinagens :cry:

A 'unique experience' is an understatement

Blackwater Park in the winter is unbeatable. Walking to school at sunrise when it's snowing and listening to Blackwater Park is pretty much how I got hooked on the album. It's the best album imaginable for winter. Hell, just look at the opening line of the damn thing.

Originally posted by Staffan
I actually did the same thing hehe. 4 am I and my friend climbed up a mountain and sat down on the edge of it listening to morningrise when the morning rose! real magical feeling indeed!

Very cool! :cool:

Originally posted by changso
Same thing happened to me with Blackwater Park album on a rainy day...I was a unique experience!

I'm gonna have to try that...

Whenever it rains.:D

Originally posted by MetalSlime
I was listening to Morningrise last summer when I went with my family to the circus. I didn't have any great epiphany like you guys though. I was just trying to distract myself from the scary clowns. I do remember that the cotton candy was stale.

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Interesting. Like a Frederico Fellini movie...

Originally posted by changso

Strange! the first time I really recognized how awesome BWP was....was while I was listening to it in my car while it was raining....seemed to fit really well.

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity
Blackwater Park in the winter is unbeatable. Walking to school at sunrise when it's snowing and listening to Blackwater Park is pretty much how I got hooked on the album. It's the best album imaginable for winter. Hell, just look at the opening line of the damn thing.

That sounds awesome!

BWP never struck me as a winter album
when I think BWP i envision a perpetually dark, foggy, decaying forest... Maybe the cover art has some influence on that feeling.

On the other hand Harvest evokes strong images of fall, orange/yellow hues, and uhm... lots and lots of overgrown ivy.

Maybe Im just an overly sensual listener.

hmm with Harvest I think of dark plains and knolls and orchards and such... (dark meaning the setting is at night). The Leper Affinity puts into my mind a foggy graveyard with decaying trees and such... etc. I think they all kind of evoke images.. it's awesome... I'll have to try listening to it during the rain (no snow here in winter, so I'll wait for my holiday to Europe before I try it in winter).

Originally posted by MetalSlime

this is one of the greatest post that i have ever seen!

:cool:

one of the best Opeth-experiences I've had, was last winter....
I had to stay in school until like 8pm to finish this stupid paper. Like I said, it was in the middle of the swedish fucking winter, and we had some heavy snowing. Really dark...except for the snow. Anyway, when I worked my way from the door to my bike (winter never stops me from going by bike to school), I realised that someone had trashed it....ugh.....so I walk the 45 minutes it takes to get home listening to BWP....I managed to forget my gloves in my room that morning (yay me).....WE ENTER WINTER ONCE AGAIN..... *grin*

oh.....and I took and extra 15-minute walk before I went inside, to hear the whole album...

and I had a nasty cold the following week.....but it was worth it

Excellent...

Everyone has their own visuals and experiences with Opeth CD's...