Which album took you the longest to get into?

vote

• Orchid

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • My Arms Your Hearse

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Still Life

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Damnation

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters
actually the only albums i fully dig are Deliverance,BWP,Damnation and MAYH.the rest has been far too complicated for me to get intomi do have the albums,i listen to them but i don't remember any songs....but from those 4 i mentioned,the hardest to get into was MAYH.

BWP was the hardest for me. I don't know the first one I got was SL, and on that one every riff seemed to stand out as its own distinct riff, where on BWP they all seemed to mesh together. Harvest did nothing for me at first and at that point it was just too continuosly heavy at points. After a few weeks it began to grow on me more. I loved MR from the first listen. With MAYH I went in expecting it to be extreemly inaccesable, so when it wasn't I was able to get into it quick. Orchid took a while. Deliverance and Damnation clicked right away, infact I liked Deliverance better at first listen then I do now.

Definately Morningrise. Every other Opeth album took a few listens for me, except for Deliverance and Damnation, which clicked instantly. Even though I now love Morningrise, I have to say it's my least favorite Opeth album.

Mournful

Deliverance for me.

Morningrise was the easiest of all for me to get into.

My Arms Your Hearse is pretty tough to get into, but it's been my definite favourite now for nearly a year.

everything was pretty automatic for me to fall in love with except deliverance. Wreath's intro riff just threw me off everytime I heard it but I've grown to like it over time. And the final song's opening vocals were just shocking but they grew on me shortly after Wreath's riff thing exited my mind. Definitely Deliverance and the easiest was Orchid and MAYH.

Still life seemed lacking to me for a long time. It still is my least favore opeth album but im quite fond of it nonetheless ( i just like all others better ), in the past i didnt even liked it that much.

Orchid for me... I was just too busy with all the other albums. (in fact by that time there were only three others, but I still listen to them daily...)

My arms your hearse... at first i hated it. It was my firs Opeth experience so i was about to give up on Opeth's music. Then i got Blackwater Park and realized how good opeth's music could be. So i gave MAYH another shoot... damn, now i love it!!!