Which album took you the longest to get into?

vote

• Orchid

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Morningrise

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • My Arms Your Hearse

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Still Life

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Damnation

Votes: 6 8.3%

• Total voters

synergy

tr00bie
Sep 2, 2003
Long Island
Visit site
Definately Morningrise for me. I didnt really like it at first and i just listened to it over and over for about a month and it finally clicked. I kind of took the songs one at a time. I actually liked Black Rose Immortal the first time that I heard it.
Then again I still haven't heard Orchid.

buy orchid now, i think it's their best besides MAYH

for me, it was damnation
it's a good album, still has an opeth feel and i knew it was going to be lighter, but its composition is a bit too basic, but then again, deliverence is a big notch down from their previous material... damnation is deliverence without the overabundence of repetition in the songs that deliverence uses to stretch them out to 10 minutes to make up for a lack of progression... and it's lighter of course

it would have been damnation for the reasons state above, but its just so entrancing....

MAYH for me.... i dunno, for some reason i just didn't like it as much as the others at first.... but it grew on me

I'd say Blackwater Park took me the longest to get into. I had been listening to the previous albums for a few years(beginning with Orchid/Morningrise), and when I bought Blackwater Park back in 2001 it just seemed kind of weird, I still liked it though.
It was only a matter of a few thorough listens of the entire album that I really got into it.

Deliverance was a bit odd to me at first, but later that day I was into it.

And Damnation I liked, it wasn't that hard to get into, cause I wasn't really expecting it to be much different.

I don't understand how anyone says an album 'just clicks' with them. For me, understanding an album is a gradual process.

Anyway.. I would say Orchid is the hardest to get into because it is definately the rawest.. and the most black metalish.