Wow, I just recently realized how amazing Orchid is.

shivering corpse

Ty Cobbb
Sep 20, 2002
smileville
www.geocities.com
I always liked it, but I pretty much considered it my least favorite. I probably prefer the style of MAYH-on to the sound of Orchid and Morningrise, but I always thought that Morningrise was basically the same as Orchid just better and more developed.
Well, although I think "black rose immortal" and "to bid you farewell" are absolutely incredible, I think Orchid just blows it away.
The Twighlight is My Robe and The Apostle In Triumph are just unbelievable and have some of the coolest guitar work in them.

I guess I'm just stating the obvious, but I just feel kind of bad because I had never given that album the credit it deserves.

Yep, I love it too..even though I only bought the CD two weeks ago it's already grown on me. I love the two songs you mentioned as well - Twighlight is My Robe being one of my top 10 Opeth songs. Plus Silhouette is one of my favourite instrumentals.

Orchid is definitely the best, along with Morningrise! Dammit, the albums are too magnificent that words just cannot describe....it has something to do with the incredible twin guitar work. It just blows my mind......stunning music indeed!

You have to listen to Orchid with headphones - throughout most of the album the guitars are panned what seems like 100% to either side. :headbang: And Silhouette is my favourite instumental, it's just incredible.

morningrise is just incredible, i think its the most emotional opeth album till now...
bleakness, pain, hope, desperation mixed into a creation of shear beauty...

for me orchid is an a bit heavier, different and maybe darker version of morningrise... well i love the old stuff almost more than the mayh era, but opeth is actually godlike with every song....
and i hope for damnation to get a bit of the unique morningrise feeling...