Should Opeth take inspiration from Amon Amath?

Should They Try it?

• Yes

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • chronology shows are better

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
BRI would take about a month's worth of preparation.. then you have to add all of the other 10 - 15 min songs on the album. BRI would literally sap them of energy and would be hard to coordinate the rest of the album. IF they could pull it off then I would be all for it bt I even I know that's a LOT of shit to remember...but then again Metallica DID put ONE out on tour and that's a relatively long tune along with the rest of their other stuff. Just too damn hard to call ...

The fact that you're saying it's too long is ridiculous - they played Advent, and that's about 14 minutes, and it's only 20 minutes, which is two "normal" songs. If they played two songs one immediately after the next, it would be about the same.

!4 mins isn't 20 mins, but then again they haven't played it live let alone in studio for a number of years. I would imagine they would need some sort of preparation and practice to make it happen

!4 mins isn't 20 mins, but then again they haven't played it live let alone in studio for a number of years. I would imagine they would need some sort of preparation and practice to make it happen

theyre a music band, what do you think they do for a living? learning a song isnt hard for professional musicians, especially not if mike wrote it himself. 20 minutes doesnt make it any harder than learning three 8 min songs.

I can only say that some people on this forum believed the band has forgotten how to play BRI with the correct timing although i am sure that it would take quite an effort to re-learn it but would only disconcert plans in the current tour. Perhaps another year yes?

I can only say that some people on this forum believed the band has forgotten how to play BRI with the correct timing although i am sure that it would take quite an effort to re-learn it but would only disconcert plans in the current tour. Perhaps another year yes?

there's no debate on whether they can physically play BRI. of course they can. But if they were to play it live it definitely wont be until the next record is released IMO.

Awesome idea, it would be EPIC. A box-set with the Opeth story, including old to new photos and the studio notes and logs from the website (but more awesome).

If this became a reality, as soon as I finished the last song I could die a happy man.

I think Watershed should be played in its entirety and released on DVD... now that would really be something special, as it would signify the "new" Opeth with the present line up..