Top 5 Best Opeth's acoustic moments

changso

Neverending dreamer...
Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Being inspired by Manes' poll topic, I've been wondering what's the favorite acoutic moments of Opeth's fans. Please write down the time count.

5. In the Mist She Was Standing | 5:34
4. The Twilight Is My Robe | 3:35
3. To Bid You Farewell | 1:04
2. Demon Of The Fall | 2:16
1. Black Rose Immortal | 9:42

If the topic can top 30 posts, I'll count the results :)

BRI - 9:42 as you said, thats too good, if im in a rush sometimes i just play that bit.

Twighlight is my robe bit is great too

OH OH OH, its a Katatonia song but MIKAEL sings on it so...Rainroom, half way through i think it is, brilliant.

Oh, man....too difficult of a question, ChangSo....but, I'll try. Anyway, the first is rather easy, anyway......

5. Demon Of The Fall
4. In The Mist She Was Standing
3. The Amen Corner
2. To Bid You Farewell
1. Black Rose Immortal

There are too many great acoustic moments in so many of Opeth's songs...

The Apostle in Triumph at 1:29, 3:04

The intro to Under a Weeping Moon

Twilight is my Robe at 9:00... "Under your command, I will obey..."

Those are my current favorites, I guess...
:)

But since the topic states 'top 5', I'll include the acoustic part in "Black Rose Immortal"... you know... the one after the water sounds?

5. The Night and The Silent Water
4. Godheads Lament
3. Forest of October
2. Credence (especially the end)
1. To Bid you farewell (duh)

I'm to lazy to get all the track times haha, but you guys get the picture

1. (my favourite) Godheads Lament (3:44)
In particular when the clean vocals arrive at 4:50, it is so beautiful it still makes my eyes watery, ahhhhhh.

2. Under the Weeping Moon (7:35)
This bit is so spaced out and echoey, I love it cos its so trippy. Its too short!!!

3. Advent (3:20)
The first acoustic section of Morningrise is also my favourite, its played fast with great skill, definately the most driving acoustic riff Opeth's ever done.

4. When (starting 5:42)
This leads up to bass kicking at 6:10 which is a wavy riff which leads into one of Akerfeldt's best clean bits "my final...deemmiisssee", I simply love this bit fullstop. ps. The end of When in general is one of Opeth's best moments.

5. Bleak (4:25)
This is one of the deepest acoustic riffs they've written, its dark, foreboding and emotional, simply awesome.

Thats one acoustic part per album, I like the Godhead's part the best but the other bits are in no particular order.

On a side note choosing only five is unfair, theres too many to choose from, I had to leave out the twilight is my robe :cry:

Originally posted by Static
This leads up to bass kicking at 6:10 which is a wavy riff which leads into one of Akerfeldt's best clean bits "my final...deemmiisssee", I simply love this bit fullstop. ps. The end of When in general is one of Opeth's best moments.

Agreed!

For sure. one of the main reasons I listen to MAYH is for this bit! I love it!