"...The most heavy, beautiful and professionally sounding album we've ever done..."

the only thing I hope is just that the katatonia fans who are writing on this forum won´t leak the album before it is officially out and I hope there won´t be any discussion about it before its official release date..(ok discussing about what you expect, imagine, etc., but no other discussions!)

I don´t want this forum to be closed like it happened with the Opeth one...

mhh..the most heavy...so even heavier than the early katatonia?or just the same kind of "heaviness" that was on Viva? Ok about the most beautiful...the latest album that comes out is always the most beautiful according to the band...but it´s difficult to imagine a more beautiful album than the ones they already released...
I´m wondering how "dark" it will be...since Viva was supposed to be one of their darkest album...and I don´t think it is actually (tonight´s decision is much darker), so this one will be heavy but also dark and melancholic?
ok I´m only speculating, I should stop here...

Aaron A. said:
Ah, I can't wait! It is going to be fuckin' superb.
You have probably the coolest sig I've ever seen on a message board. I love MGS and Katatonia is my favorite band. Sweet!

Oh and the album...I can't even explain how exciting that is. It's so nice to have a band to rightfully have exceedingly high expectations for. Katatonia are masters and I don't doubt this album will attest further to that fact.

Ether.....
I completely agree!
NONE of us should even make any attempts to DL it before it is out....out of respect......Im sure many of you will and not tell anyone.....and if your going to then you should keep your mouth shut.....and fuck you.....I will wait till it is out officially.....whats another couple weeks or so anyway.....we have waited 2 years for a full length.....

As for the alblum.....I dont know what to expect.....I have always been suprised....not always pleasantly at first either.....but within 5 listens the brilliance becomes clear....(with the exception of DO....that took 6 months of the CD being tossed on the floor of my car and then becoming found and obsessed)......what I am looking forward to is to see how Katatonia has matured again......like they always do.....jesus....I have gone through a ton of shit listening to Katatonia all day for years and I have my viva memories already....it will feel good to mark a new chapter in my life with the next alblum....new memories...new music....

does anyone else do that?....mark their lives with music....like the first few Death alblums....god I was young....and I had never heard death vocals before....I was completely blown away.....and I started doing serious amounts of drugs that year.....and for the next 14 years after.....or....morbid angel....alters of madness.....I used to sing myself raw listening to that in my car ......I can truly vividly remember things when music was on....otherwise everything was a complete blur...mostly because of how much drugs and drinking I was doing Im sure.......

RANT :err:

I agree that we should wait for it, but fuck man, it's Katatonia. I'll probably go crazy trying to restrain myself from downloading a leak....

burton said:
I agree that we should wait for it, but fuck man, it's Katatonia. I'll probably go crazy trying to restrain myself from downloading a leak....
We'll wait, Burton. It'll be hard, but we will do it.

nah, i just couldn't download a kata (or some other bands i'm really a huge fan of) album. besides ideological reasons, it would ruin me the effect "surprise".
i hope the new album will also be printed in vinyl version, i loooooooooove vinyl.

Oh fuck, it's completed! (check website) *dribbles and pee's self all at once* I sooo can't wait for all the updates as to album title etc., and of course the album itself heh...in fact I don't think I've ever been this hyped for an album release before...

Great to hear that the album is finally finished!!!!! It´s the best piece of news I could receive just for my birthday!!

This day has began in the best way it could begin:)

I gave a look at the website of the fascination street studio...very very nice!
It´s a pity I didn´t know before where the studio was, because last month I drove past Örebro and maybe I could have given a fleeting glance from the outside to this "cult" studio..
Next time...

cant wait to buy it!! Id never download it. I love katatonia too much. even if i did download it out of curiousity, id still have to buy it to support them, but downloading it seems even more wrong than usual when its a band you truly care about. my only problem will be finding the album here in ireland. our record stores tend to be really crap. but i will. even if i have to travel the country to get it the day its released!

A Stranger said:
cant wait to buy it!! Id never download it. I love katatonia too much. even if i did download it out of curiousity, id still have to buy it to support them, but downloading it seems even more wrong than usual when its a band you truly care about. my only problem will be finding the album here in ireland. our record stores tend to be really crap. but i will. even if i have to travel the country to get it the day its released!

Yep, irelands record stores suck! Ill probably order it off the net or something. Do you know sound cellar in dublin? You can ask them to get it in and they will

jptk said:
Yep, irelands record stores suck! Ill probably order it off the net or something. Do you know sound cellar in dublin? You can ask them to get it in and they will

yeah the sound cellers pretty cool alright. in waterford theres a place called bpm records thats also decent but i wouldnt gaurantee it getting Katatonia. even the sound cellar seems to only stop the "popular" katatonia albums brave murder day last fair deal tonights decision. I actually bought viva emptiness in a random pop music store in Kilkenny. I wasnt even looking for it and was actually planning on headin to dublin to get it a day or two after!

A Stranger said:
yeah the sound cellers pretty cool alright. in waterford theres a place called bpm records thats also decent but i wouldnt gaurantee it getting Katatonia. even the sound cellar seems to only stop the "popular" katatonia albums brave murder day last fair deal tonights decision. I actually bought viva emptiness in a random pop music store in Kilkenny. I wasnt even looking for it and was actually planning on headin to dublin to get it a day or two after!

Sentinel Recs in Dublin is nice but very expensive! I bought two albums there, for some kind of VERY high price:

Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness vinyl, and
Falkenbach - the 2nd one :loco: vinyl

Demilich said:
Sentinel Recs in Dublin is nice but very expensive! I bought two albums there, for some kind of VERY high price:

Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness vinyl, and
Falkenbach - the 2nd one :loco: vinyl

yeah, there in an expensive location so im guessing thats why they are so expensive. Then again so is everything in Ireland at the moment :hotjump: