THE MOST POWERFUL voice in Metal

devin... ummm I wouldnt really use powerful

menacing maybe, crazy yes, but not powerful as compared to the others

just my opinion though

Wicked Inferno wrote
devin... ummm I wouldnt really use powerful

menacing maybe, crazy yes, but not powerful as compared to the others

just my opinion though

Next time Strapping Young Lad come to your town....go and see how powerful Dev's voice can be.

How could this happen? We have nothing to discuss! There is no doubt that Russell is the best voice in metal. This thread should be called "Who has the second most powerful voice in metal next to Russell, who is better than all the rest combined". Then we'd have a good discussion, at least until I pointed out that it is, without a doubt, Eric Adams from Manowar.

TotenMitMacht said:
How could this happen? We have nothing to discuss! There is no doubt that Russell is the best voice in metal. This thread should be called "Who has the second most powerful voice in metal next to Russell, who is better than all the rest combined". Then we'd have a good discussion, at least until I pointed out that it is, without a doubt, Eric Adams from Manowar.
Russ is far from my fave vocalist. He is good, has power, but there are others that i would consider more powerful as in they do more for me personally.

TotenMitMacht said:

I'll open up and give it a try, there's always room at the top in my world. :Spin:

How could this happen? We have nothing to discuss! There is no doubt that Russell is the best voice in metal. This thread should be called "Who has the second most powerful voice in metal next to Russell, who is better than all the rest combined". Then we'd have a good discussion, at least until I pointed out that it is, without a doubt, Eric Adams from Manowar
Well, the idea of making this thread for me was to be open to the possibility there might be an even better singer than Russ out there. To see if anyone had opinions that might differ to the crowd about who's the best singer in metal. It wasnt meant to be a Russell loving thread really (as much as we do love Russell).

I gotta say Russel's on the top for me. Then James LaBrie. The dude's definately back in top form. The last album sucked, but seeing him live recently blew my mind compared to the Six Degrees tour.

karelrulez said:
I like

Russell Allen, absolute no 1, his voice is EXACTLY my taste.
Mikael Akerfeldt, a beautiful voice when he's singing clean, and an awesome gruntsound.
Daniel Gildenlow, he's able of putting so much emotion in his singing.
James Hetfield, sorry man, gotta love the voice of Metallica.

This is exactly my list! Brilliant vocalists.

Taliwakker said:
Wicked Inferno wrote

Next time Strapping Young Lad come to your town....go and see how powerful Dev's voice can be.
saw DTB a while back and am baseing what i said on that. Dows he sing in a differently with SYL?

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
Wicked Inferno:
Dave Mustaine? im not saying i disagree, but ... what made u think of him in this category of singers?

someone actually already mentioned him a page back and im agrreeing with that. Mustaine voice is just very raw and in your face.

you know , to those people who do know the band ,
I think Toshi from X-japan has quite a powerfull voice as well.
Just to bad their music didn't get the real breakthrough it
deserved in the US and Europe.

The first ones that I think about are:

-Jorn Lande
-Russe Allen
-Magnus Ekwall (He does a SO great job on THE)
-Daniel Gildelöw (But he's not the same power singer as for example Russel Allen)

well seeing as i havent heard of half these guys i will give you my list*these are not in order*

russ (of coarse!)
james hetfield( yeah!)
alexi laiho(yaow ya ya ya woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
shagroth (evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!rrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)
mustaine (hello me its me again....)
sammy hagar(i know its not really metal but come on guys!)

btw, while i like dream theatre, labries voice sucks to me. badly. really badly. but i really love liquid tension experiment for that reason! anybody got petrucci's new album yet?

also i know hes not metal but i like steve vai's voice when he decides to sing, very good voice (but nowhere the power of the others!)