the music before the show

Loona

*~holdacska~*
Sep 2, 2003
Budapest, Hungary
Visit site
I wanted to ask you, if you know what was playing at the Krakow gig just before the show, until the band have set the sound, etc.
A friend of mine is perfectly sure that Danny has something to do with it (maybe he wrote and played them on), as he was playing the tunes. I promised him to ask, not to mention that I found it so beautiful as well...

So maybe if you people can help me with anything, I would be cheerful.
Or maybe Danny, you have to know it :)

the band is called godspeed you black emperor and the album is called lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven

Thank you Danny :)
ehm, strange one to be an album title, but maybe I will know more after listening to it.
I'll look around and hope I will find something about them, and tell Peter (friend of mine I mentioned) as well

Sopel said:
sounds like joke :erk: :confused:

:lol:
something like... but this shows that we shouldn't judge right at first. that I've heard there sounded good!

ehh I go now and play the piano at last, damn I'm sooo lazy and I cannot stand up from here :Smug:

Hey Sopel, is it only me or is Gorgoroth causing a really big fuss in Poland? :lol:

Gorgoroth_Metro.jpg

Gorgoroth_Gazeta.jpg

This was their DVD recording it seems. Was it in the same place as Anathema? I saw some bits on TVP cuz I got it on sattelite. Kickass stuff| :lol:

some bits here http://teppah.tk/

Was it the first track on the second cd? That is awesome! GYBE is a weird band but very nice when you're in the mood for it. I like how that album is dedicated to quiet refusals, loud refusals and sad refusals.

Achernar said:
Hey Sopel, is it only me or is Gorgoroth causing a really big fuss in Poland? :lol:
This was their DVD recording it seems. Was it in the same place as Anathema? I saw some bits on TVP cuz I got it on sattelite. Kickass stuff| :lol:
some bits here http://teppah.tk/
yes, people that were recording it (camermen) went to police and public prosecutor's office initated investigation about offence of religious feelings!!! we are sometimes so religious country that im sick of it. all in all, gorgoth has a promotion like never. i bet they'll be selling more cds soon... and if dvd is released, aaah.

yeah, it was the same place where anathema was recording. the thing is some of this stupid newspapers and portals say it was 2-day satanic festival (!!!). you know, no-one of them was there and they don't even now what they are talking about. and a moral from most of articles is that all metalheads are stupid satanists.

pagan2002 said:
the band is called godspeed you black emperor and the album is called lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven
ah fockin hell. :ill: I was about to buy that album from some cd-store in warsaw, would've been cheap as well. that track really sounded ace, gotta check it out.

Sopel said:
we are sometimes so religious country that im sick of it.

your country is known so. I'm neither satanist, nor a believer or something, but in my opinion the churches are beautiful, I liked them.

ehh, on Sunday on the main square we saw a couple of cops and police cars and they took away some "satanist" guys from the inner city for some reason. about 10 minutes later I saw them coming back :) :)