The New Kid.

Mr Genvin

Mr Genvin Panzerfaust
May 31, 2006
Australia
Hello, er, just signed up. I like Devildriver, Cradle of Filth, Arch Enemy, bit of Opeth, bit of Obituary, and bands like them. Joined coz I wanna get into awesome music, coz I was reading and realised that I haven't heard much. I don't really wanna be bagged out much, since I just joined and that would suck a lot, and I'm just looking for bands. Help much?

Hey man, welcome
cool to see antoerh Aussie on the boards
dont worry dude you'll come a cross 100s of awesome bands around here

Excellent. Someone get me some good tracks off Opeth, I've got Ghost of Perdition, Deliverance and Circle of Tyrants, they sound pretty awesome. Can someone please recommend some?

ah yeh, circle of tyrants is a celtic frost cover btw
im a huge opeth fan so i would recommend all of thier albums lol
but there stoundout tracks would be imo
The moore
Black Rose Immortal
In the midst she was standing
The Leper affinity
Blackwater park
Nectar
The drapery falls
White cluster

my fav albums are: deliverance, Morningrise and still life, with ghost reveries getting an honourable mention

Danallica said:
ah yeh, circle of tyrants is a celtic frost cover btw
im a huge opeth fan so i would recommend all of thier albums lol
but there stoundout tracks would be imo
The moore
Black Rose Immortal
In the midst she was standing
The Leper affinity
Blackwater park
Nectar
The drapery falls
White cluster

my fav albums are: deliverance, Morningrise and still life, with ghost reveries getting an honourable mention
You heard the man !
He knows what he’s talking about.

Oh, okay then. Thanks, I heard Blackwater Park, 'tis awesome! Can anyone recommend me a good song by Children of Bodom, coz I've heard they're awesome and wanna experiment.

Mr Genvin said:
Oh, okay then. Thanks, I heard Blackwater Park, 'tis awesome! Can anyone recommend me a good song by Children of Bodom, coz I've heard they're awesome and wanna experiment.

not really into them much myself...
will get back to you on that one though

Oh goody! Thanks. I'll look into Warheart, Dead Night Warrior and Follow the Reaper. And up until just then, I didn't know anyone who listened to Mindless Self Indulgence. Crazy!

Nemesis_lxix said:
Nor do I listen to cob that much but of all I have heard “follow the reaper”Which I own is not that bad.Go to the cob forum,there are so many posts there you will find something.

@ Danallica: that is the best smiley I have seen for a long time.:lol:

haha cheers mate
I thought it was funny...ad relevant :kickass:

Ive been into opeth recently, they toured here not long ago, so im still no a high from that, other than them ive been listening to
Vader
Carcass
Stargazer
Celtic Frost
Kreator
Metallica, as always
Slayer, as always
Cradle
Lamb of God
and some others , quite a few locals as well

I listen to Accept , ACDC , Anathema , Amorphis , Angel Dust , Blind Guardian , Children of Bodom , Dark Tranquility , Dream Theater , Helloween , Helstar , Hypocrisy , Iron Maiden , Iced Earth , King Diamond , Kiss , Lacuna Coil, Lake Of Tears , Manowar , Megadeth, Mercyful Fate , Morbid Angel, Moonspell , Nevermore , Nightwish, Opeth, Orphaned Land , Pain of Salvation , Pantera, Rhapsody , Sentenced , Stratovarius , Sodom , Tankard , Testament, Theater of Tragedy, Within Temptation , Vanden Plas...

Thank you, La Rocque. I wish I knew peoples names, this isn't very formal. I myself mostly listen to the more popular metal bands, like the ones on Roadrunner Records. Does this forum have a particular genre that everyone likes? And does anyone much like power metal?