The new King Diamond

Vic Rattlehead

Bonded By Blood
Jun 15, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
I didn't see a topic about it already. Give Me Your Soul leaked a few days ago. Its pretty good, I'll probably end up liking it a bit more than Puppet Master once I've had a few chances to play it a few more times.

After playing it several times, I've come to the conclusion that I really just don't like it much. KD's voice sounds very weak in this recording, even compared with TPM, and the music is just moderate. Nothing truly explosive in the album to me.

After playing it several times, I've come to the conclusion that I really just don't like it much. KD's voice sounds very weak in this recording, even compared with TPM, and the music is just moderate. Nothing truly explosive in the album to me.

I hope that you are gay, dumb, stupid, homosexual, queer, a pee-pee head, a doo-doo brain, a jackass, a moron, and wrong about that.

Heard a single on Sirius about 20 minutes ago. Doesn't sound too bad.

Love KD, but it is nearly impossible for him to top "Conspiracy" and I'm guessing that is what most of us were hoping for with this one. I'm still a first day buyer but my expectations are low going in.

Love KD, but it is nearly impossible for him to top "Conspiracy" and I'm guessing that is what most of us were hoping for with this one. I'm still a first day buyer but my expectations are low going in.
riiiise... riiiiiiiiiise...RIIISE MY FRIENDS

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSE

(best KD song ever. disputing is unacceptable.)

I caved in and listened to it before the release date.
I like it. Not quite on the same level as The Puppetmaster, but still pretty solid, definitely waaaaay above Abigail 2 (the only KD/MF album I don't worship). Seems like an album that has to grow on you.

Guitar work is incredible though (as usual). Definitely among Andy's best performances.

Best KD song= Black Horsemen.
That's the end of another luuulaaabye, time has come for me to saaaayyyy gooooodnnnnniiiiiiiigghttt!!!!!!!! (then comes the greatest solo ever)

It's not bad. Needs a few more listens.
But Neverending Hill and Painkiller are way too similar, riffwise. I was like "holy shit" when I first heard it.

And whoever said Conspiracy was his best album, you are the fucking man. I've been saying that for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love Fatal Portrait/Abigail/Them, but Conspiracy is absolutely amazing. Definitely my favorite KD album, by far.

It's not bad. Needs a few more listens.
But Neverending Hill and Painkiller are way too similar, riffwise. I was like "holy shit" when I first heard it.

And whoever said Conspiracy was his best album, you are the fucking man. I've been saying that for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love Fatal Portrait/Abigail/Them, but Conspiracy is absolutely amazing. Definitely my favorite KD album, by far.

Conspiracy has the dumbest looking album cover of all time, in any musical genre, so it loses like -50 on the metal coolness scale.

The original cover was cool, it was some guy standing over Missy's grave behind the house or something close to that.
originalconspiracyqf5.jpg