The new Meshuggah

So like, tell me what other albums I need by them. I know I need Nothing and Catch 33, and I already have DEI, Chaosphere, and I. Is their earlier stuff worth checking out?

Just got this in the post from Russell today - didn't have time to listen to it before I left the house for my girlfriend's place, so I put that, the new Napalm Death album and some Italian goregrind band on my MP3 player and started listening to it on the bus... damn, this album rocks - it had different parts of my brain running round in loops trying to follow the paths the instruments were on, and occasionally running full-tilt into each other and making me go cross-eyed and drool before squirting man-fat directly onto the seat in front of me. A dude I know came onto the bus and started chatting to me, and I was quite pissed off 'cause I was halfway through 'In Death - Is Death' and I was building up to another orgasmic spurt... by goat this album is THE SHIZNIT!

Heard a large excerpt from Catch 33 (Shed through Sum) last night, and it destroys...especially Shed, a fine example of how this band can sound psychotic even when they aren't aiming to rip your face off with precision carving tools...for that listen to the closing movement.

This rox0rz my box0rz. It will take some time to fully unravel, being slower and more deliberate than I, but on first listen I can already tell this is a pretty kickass album. God damn this band is so fucking awesome! It defies beyond believable, defies beyond believable.

meshuggah-nuns.jpg

This album is doing funny things to my willy. It sounds so black, I love it.

Such a great fucking album. Can't wait to get my hands on a real copy. Those track transitions suck taint.