The new Nile album...

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
...is freaking great!

It's very progressive, very CATCHY of all things, and very musical. Some of the more straight-forward parts are very Gojira-esque in my opinion. It's like the bastard child of Annihilation of the Wicked and In Their Darkened Shrines.

I'm thrilled to know that they didn't go the route of Ithcphreio2q8udgfnlasallic and just wank the whole time.

It's like seeing an old friend again that you haven't seen nor heard from in over 5 years. Fans of Nile, you won't regret it.

And the people who aren't fans of Nile? They're all fags.

I've liked everything up to Annihilation quite a bit. However, I think the new one is a snoozefest. The only track I really dug was "Permitting The Noble Dead To Descend To The Underworld"

I kinda feel like they ran out of most of their good ideas a couple albums ago. There are plenty of recent bands that have released DM albums superior to Itchy-Phallus and the new one.

I kinda feel like they ran out of most of their good ideas a couple albums ago. There are plenty of recent bands that have released DM albums superior to Itchy-Phallus and the new one.
Very true, but Nile is still a unique band. They have their niche by now and they stick to it. Plus, they're fucking good.

I dig the new album quite a bit. My favorite metal is technical and groove oriented, not too much or too little of either. Aside from the first one, their albums have always been one or the other. This one is both. I still need to listen to it more, but so far I agree. It's definitely better than Ithyphallic.

why does everyone hate ithyphallic, maybe its cause I never got into them until annihilation, but theres some awesome shit on that CD, Eat of the Dead, As he Creates, Essential Salts,