The News Thread

Meanwhile in Europe and the U.K. you have blocks to stop terrorists from driving their vehicles into crowds of people.

Societies treat ridiculously violent and tragic events like a routine problem? I'm stunned.

We've been on that shit since the 70s. Gotta protect the potato stocks.

They were also credited with preventing worse CARNAGE (definitely gym tunes) in Glasgow in 2007 (way back before everyone was worrying about vehicle ramming or Europe being overrun by msolesolemens)

Given the copycat nature of terrorists and murderers, especially these days with social media and whatnot, and given that prevalence of cars, I really don't think they're ridiculous. They're used simply to prevent accidents a lot of the time anyway.

Last edited:
School shootings are obviously very disproportionate relative to the rest of the Western world in America and it's a type of crime that drastic anti-gun laws could probably prevent, but the fact of the matter is that if you're a non-Hispanic white person living in America, and you're smart enough to avoid the ghettos, your likelihood of being murdered is still roughly in line with that of Western/Central Europe. School shootings are a literal meme.

Well, my point was simply that Americans in some sense treat school shootings/mass shootings in the same short-memory, routine fashion that people in Europe and the U.K. are treating terrorist attacks.

Neither people make big changes to their societies to prevent these events from happening (instead they make small paternalistic changes that are too micro to rock the boat) because Americans are too obsessed with their second amendment and Europeans and British people are too obsessed with freedom of movement and multiculturalism™ to actually prevent these things.

And the irony is that Americans sneer at Europeans and British people anytime a truck of peace mashes a mother with a stroller and Europeans and British people sneer at Americans anytime a deranged kid shoots up a school. Does anybody even remember the Lily Allen concert at this point? lmfao get over yourselves you're no better than Americans when it comes to this stuff.

Nah, Americans can be very quick to react, we've passed a number of gun regulation laws in the past due to sudden shootings, the difference is that Republicans started to take over Congress in 1994 and no one has been able to pass a gun control bill since. Guns are just about the only reason I vote straight-ticket Republican on the local and state level. The NRA is pretty much unstoppable right now, and that's a great thing.

But yeah, Islamic terror is a meme too. If anything it's ethically justified and should continue until white people stop interfering in the Middle East. People in general are a bunch of dumbass pussies that only care about death when it happens on a large enough scale to hit the televisions in whatever degenerate pub they're getting shitfaced in.

Everybody is quick to react, Europeans and British people are quick to react to tragic events, however the reactions aren't genuine enough to become bipartisan against the problem. Instead there's an emotional outpouring and then everybody gets back to pushing their agenda.

But yeah, Islamic terror is a meme too. If anything it's ethically justified and should continue until white people stop interfering in the Middle East. People in general are a bunch of dumbass pussies that only care about death when it happens on a large enough scale to hit the televisions in whatever degenerate pub they're getting shitfaced in.

It happens to majority white countries that aren't involved in America and Britain's molestation of the middle east. For example, France.

I should have said "quick to act". Obviously emotional reaction means nothing.

In Europe's case there's virtually nothing they can do anyways. Greater EU policy controls immigration to a large extent, most weapons are already difficult to obtain, and you can't ban vehicles.

Do citizens of individual European countries have that power? I was under the impression that it was largely within the grip of deeply entrenched, largely-appointed bureaucrats. And God Empress Merkel, of course. Isn't immigration one of the main reasons that Brexit even happened?

Do citizens of individual European countries have that power? I was under the impression that it was largely within the grip of deeply entrenched, largely-appointed bureaucrats. And God Empress Merkel, of course.

Has that ever stopped mass movements of people from trying to demand change before? The point is, to me, that nobody actually cares about these reoccurring violent events (unless it can be used to push their agenda of course).

Isn't immigration one of the main reasons that Brexit even happened?

True.

Last edited:
Has that ever stopped mass movements of people from trying to demand change before? The point is, to me, that nobody actually cares about these reoccurring violent events (unless it can be used to push their agenda of course).

I imagine there are parents or other family of the various victims that care about gun control purely from a personal, emotional basis. Which is irrelevant.

I imagine there are parents or other family of the various victims that care about gun control purely from a personal, emotional basis. Which is irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant if they use that emotion to create a movement to heavily restrict firearms. It was widespread emotion that caused the Port Arthur massacre over here to become the catalyst for our current gun laws, which for better or worse was something the majority of Australians supported.

Obviously it has. For hundreds of years political power in the West has been primarily divided between a handful of nobility and members of the oligarchy, and the plebs )not members of those groups) have only had a say in relatively inconsequential matters. Germany's entire national existence is mass movements of people attempting to unite only to be torn down by more powerful competitors and useful stooges repeatedly, until eventually conditions became shit enough that the majority of the population was torn between Nazism and communism. Democracy at its absolute best (best by the standards democracy claims to support, not any kind of objective metric of best-outcome) only allows the unconditional will of the people when politicians realize that not submitting would be worse for them.

The fact that right-wing parties are larger in Europe now than they were at any time in the past after WW2 is telling that they do care. Many have reduced political power because of transnational arrangements, others have no political power because they lack representation as a result of minority status in all regional elections, yet there's no denying that European nationalism/xenophobia are at highs unimaginable just 10 or so years ago.

Obviously it has. For hundreds of years political power in the West has been primarily divided between a handful of nobility and members of the oligarchy, and the plebs not members of those groups have only had a say in relatively inconsequential matters. Germany's entire national existence is mass movements of people attempting to unite only to be torn down by more powerful competitors and useful stooges repeatedly, until eventually conditions became shit enough that the majority of the population was torn between Nazism and communism. Democracy at its absolute best (best by the standards democracy claims to support, not any kind of objective metric of best-outcome) only allows the unconditional will of the people when politicians realize that not submitting would be worse for them.

The fact that right-wing parties are larger in Europe now than they were at any time in the past after WW2 is telling that they do care. Many have reduced political power because of transnational arrangements, others have no political power because they lack representation as a result of minority status in all regional elections, yet there's no denying that European nationalism/xenophobia are at highs unimaginable just 10 or so years ago.

You're talking about the success or failure of mass movements of people, and point taken. However I am simply asking: why aren't people at least trying, if they really care so much?

the difference being school shootings happen in the US literally over once a week lol

Btw I looked up the school shooting chart and you're talking out of your ass. :D

Furthermore instances like a young girl with a pistol accidentally going off in class or someone driving past a school and shooting at it are counted in the school shooting stats lmao.

You're talking about success or failure of mass movements of people, and point taken. However I am simply asking: why aren't people at least trying, if they really care so much?

You literally used the phrase "mass movements of people" you stupid brainlet. They are trying. They're also failing to succeed.