The News Thread

Dave Navarro Stole a Dude’s Taco Bell Tattoo (on Instagram)
The whole bizarre experience lasted just 24 hours for Coffey, whose phone was “blowing up” all day. His budding celebrity even caused him to get recognized during his shift at work. “Everyone at work was making fun of me, which is rightfully so,” he says. “The couple next to me just goes, ‘Oh, wait, you’re the Dave Navarro guy.’ And I’m like, ‘Goddammit. That’s going to be my legacy. God, no.’”

48078363_363937414177725_6578532713576267776_n.jpg

That news broadcast forgot something extremely important: he had 2 flamethrowers in his house which made it hard for firefighters to subdue the flames.

Reactions: CiG
>"NJ has always had strict gun laws"
>Latest law makes every legal gun owner a felon

I'll say they do

Is it a 'high capacity' magazine if it comes standard with the actual firearm though? I have a handgun that has 19 round magazines and they don't make 10 round magazines for it.

I would argue it does not make it a high capacity magazine if it comes standard with the firearm as that's what the manufacturer intended for the firearm.

It doesn't make every legal gun owner a felon...

When the clock strikes midnight Tuesday morning, anyone in New Jersey who owns a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition is officially in possession of illegal contraband and is deemed a fourth-degree felon

Unlike previous magazine bans, this one retroactively bans people from even owning such magazines in their homes, even though they had been purchased legally.

So there's no grandfather clause

Unless you only own a hunting rifle that holds 10 rounds maximum in the magazine, you are a felon under this new law in New Jersey if you own a firearm. You are naive to think people did not buy 10+ round magazines for their firearms. It is more efficient for range use and personal defense. This means that the .22LR AR style rifles with a 25 round standard magazine make someone a felon in the state of New Jersey. I am willing to bet that >95% of firearm owners in New Jersey have more than one firearm. It is evident you didn't read the article. 90% of firearms come standard with magazines that hold at least 10 rounds. There are some models (like the Glock 43) which hold a fewer number of rounds. I own one firearm that came with a 10 round magazine. The others came with magazine capacity of at least 12 rounds. 10 round magazines are out there because people live in police states like California and are required to have those.

Last edited:
You are naive to think people did not buy 10+ round magazines for their firearms.

You're naive for thinking the government's gonna come kicking down doors to confiscate high capacity magazines and prosecute people for having them. No, those who own them will just hide them away in closets or basements and use the legal <10 round magazines that are still legal. The only way someone will get in trouble for this is if they get caught doing something stupid with them. No one is carrying semi-automatic rifles around town for protection. They carry handguns for that, and it's easy to find <10 round handguns.

It is evident you didn't read the article.

No, I didn't--because it's fucking Breitbart.

It's pretty clear the Alex Jones era of media saturation is feeding your irrational paranoia over this. If 90% of guns come standard with 10+ round magazines, the gun manufacturers will start making lower-capacity magazines.