The News Thread

How can I live in a parent's basement when I own my own house? You are seriously on drugs or something because your head ain't right.

WHAT IS A FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPON USED FOR?

1) Collecting
2) Use at a range or competition (see: the bi-annual machine gun shoot in Kentucky)

How many crimes have been committed with fully automatic weapons recently? Now compare that with semi automatics and revolvers. Why is one heavily regulated over the other in this instance?

If you collect guns of any kind, usage isn't necessarily an appropriate question. Men like staring at expensive shit, ask car collectors who maybe pull their "babies" out every few months for an event or something. I have no idea why some twat living in an area where you have to drive 60< kilometers an hour needs a car capable of reaching 200 and they pay the cost difference basically solely for the speeding capabilities and to stare at it or rev the engine once a year.

I stopped questioning masculine hobbies long ago, they're mostly pretty retarded (and I'm not exempt from this).

Reactions: The Ozzman and Dak
"collecting"? Do you not understand my question or are you truly a neanderthal?

Let me be more clear since you seem to be so soft in the head. What do YOU need an automatic weapon for?

Need vs. Want

Do I need a machine gun? No one technically does. Do I want a machine gun? Yes. Why do I want to own a machine gun? The reason is irrelevant to you.

I can buy one right now, but I have to drop some serious coin to get one. A pristine condition Tommy gun (which is my dream gun to own) is at least 30,000 USD to own so it is cost prohibitive for me to get any of them right now.

If you collect guns of any kind, usage isn't necessarily an appropriate question. Men like staring at expensive shit, ask car collectors who maybe pull their "babies" out every few months for an event or something. I have no idea why some twat living in an area where you have to drive 60< kilometers an hour needs a car capable of reaching 200 and they pay the cost difference basically solely for the speeding capabilities and to stare at it or rev the engine once a year.

I stopped questioning masculine hobbies long ago, they're mostly pretty retarded (and I'm not exempt from this).
So Ozz could have just answered that he collects guns(which has nothing to do with "needs"). That being said anyone who buys cars that go that fast and never tracks them them is a fucking' poser lame. Same can be said for anyone who wants to buy brand new fully automatic weapons just so they can look at them.

It's a form of accomplishment, I guess. Like 'Hey, check out what i just got' type things

Need vs. Want

Do I need a machine gun? No one technically does. Do I want a machine gun? Yes. Why do I want to own a machine gun? The reason is irrelevant to you.

I can buy one right now, but I have to drop some serious coin to get one. A pristine condition Tommy gun (which is my dream gun to own) is at least 30,000 USD to own so it is cost prohibitive for me to get any of them right now.
So you're answer could have simply just been "i dont need one but i want one so i can look at it" instead of tying to sit there and cry to me about the laws or whatnot. It was a pretty simple question that was geared at you, nothing else.

Same can be said for anyone who wants to buy brand new fully automatic weapons just so they can look at them.

I would use them at the range too if it were fully functional but not as much as a gun I would carry for protection, let's say. Lots of them aren't though and replacement parts are expensive.

So you're answer could have simply just been "i dont need one but i want one so i can look at it" instead of tying to sit there and cry to me about the laws or whatnot. It was a pretty simple question that was geared at you, nothing else.

Don't ask stupid questions and I won't give you roundabout or convoluted answers to shit ;-)

That's pretty much the problem with the Lawyer X stuff too. The media have spent the last 20 years glorifying the Gangland wars and Underbelly of Melbourne and now when this latest shit blows up they are going to struggle to find an impartial jury and judge to hear the case. With Lawyer X they do have the option of looking interstate with a little more success than the Pell case but it's still not going to be easy.
That whole case is especially ridiculous, that the police used a lawyer as an informant is so monumentally retarded.