The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

You can hear the new Band from Daniel, Crownshift at Spotify. Video is coming later today:

Song is not bad, I can't get warm with the refrain vocals. Riffs are pretty ok for me.

the vocals are all over the place and all the effects on them are a bit overkill. song is a mess in my opinion. Some nice guitar from Daniel tho. Production is too muddy/wet

Yeah, the song is a mess, like they tried to throw everything in there for no good reason. Hate the effected guitars, hate the effected vocals, hate the synth overkill. While I usually detest clean vocals, here the basics are almost ok, before they started dumping screams, echoes, multiple tracks, and synths on top of it. Production is crap, overemphasizing the wrong things. This should have been a straightforward affair really with 3 instruments and a vocalist, instead they created this wall of mess. Perhaps other songs will be less "ambitious."

As the comments say, the really sound like Naildown. I think most of this where produced by them himself:Screenshot 2024-01-18 230119.png

Damn, so basically this is a Dan project. Kinda disappointing that he would go this route.

You can hear the new Band from Daniel, Crownshift at Spotify. Video is coming later today:

Song is not bad, I can't get warm with the refrain vocals. Riffs are pretty ok for me.

There are two guitars in the song aren't there? But they only have 1 guitar player.

Also lots of synths but no keyboard player - like most bands these days.

So when they play live, there is probably a guest guitar player required and synths will be a backing track. Hmm.

I'm curious if Daniel has also written all the music and lyrics for the whole album.

This project has potential. But this first song is missing a wow effect for me.

So I Just jumped around between Crownshift, Warmen and the BAM EP. It's really a huge shame that we lost Alexi and BAM isn't a thing anymore. PTSWB and PIAB are so fucking good and they sound so fresh and aggressive and "hungry" if that makes any sense. His songwriting will never be matched.

The Warmen Album is very enjoyable but it doesn't give me that same aggressive / powerful feeling like the BAM EP.

The Crownshift Song has that feeling but the song isn't as good as Alexis writing.

Reactions: Works0fheart
BAM did sound great. I can hear some of the production influences from that in Crownshift. After a couple more listens that song is baddddd.
I like warmen a lot and hope they keep writing music. I saw a comment on YouTube that felt true that you can’t replicate the „hate“ Alexi put into the music

1708445683169.png

422637738_18411130468057225_495607892987701531_n.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

About book:

1708445729154.png

Reactions: dthmtl3
The second crownshift single dropped. Thoughts? I’m gonna be honest it sounds like total shit to me, I don’t think I’d even listen to the album it’s so bad.

Slightly more coherent song than the first and Dan's solo is good. But it's got the same issues as the first song. Somewhere this song had potential, it gives me ideas how it could have gone better, but it didn't go anywhere.

Yeah, I won't listen to the album either. Not my style. What genre is this supposed to be anyway?