The Next Chapter: Bodom After Midnight

This looks great, the cover is great, (I want that T-shirt! :heh:) and the dissection cover is very much welcomed!:headbang:

Also, this means we will hear some acoustic guitar (clean tones) from Alexi yet again, just like the last time: on Something Wild.:thumbsup:

Looking forward to listen to the EP :popcorn:
I'm pretty sure Dead Man's Hand on You and All for Nothing have a fair bit of cleans in them ;) :D

Reactions: COB-666
That artwork really has a lot of symbolism one can think of. I think we might get an answer to if it was changed after his death, or was like that even before already. There will be some interviews for sure when the EP is released and somebody will most likely ask about that.

No matter how, it just fits the situation. It's both a typical Bodom cover and with the reaper missing it's symbolic for both it not being COB anymore and Alexi being gone...if one wants to see it that way. It has big scratches and looks broken...a fitting last Bodom cover.

The one thing that I'm surprised though is that they really actually kept that logo...I wasn't a big fan of it from the beginning, looks just pretty cheap. Not that it's important (especially now), but I just thought they would change it later for a first release.

In my head-canon, the Reaper just took Alexi after ten chapters (Bodom albums) and now he is in the sky, painting the heavens with his own blood... cause, well, Alexi is Alexi.

Nevermind, I'm just enthusiastic
Dude don't say that, it sound too cold. Reaper didn't take Alexi, there's no fucking Reaper.

For me this cover is more like... "Fuck that shit, I'm out." Nothing more could be said, so Reaper left.

Dude don't say that, it sound too cold. Reaper didn't take Alexi, there's no fucking Reaper.

For me this cover is more like... "Fuck that shit, I'm out." Nothing more could be said, so Reaper left.
Oh, didnt mean to sound cold hearted. But, in a "poetic" way, the Reaper is no longer on screen cause he "succeed" in his search for Alexi's soul.

Alexi wrote about death and problems for two decades, now he is finally resting, look at it that way :(

Alexi was one step before Reaper all the time, and at his side, and behind. Reaper is a symbol of death coming for you, or someone else. Some believe every person has his own Reaper. Not the Horseman Death, who orders who to be taken, but the ghost who comes to take you. Or Charon, or Shinigami. There are many theories.

I actually could imagine Alexi and the Hooded sitting somewhere together right now, playing cards (from Reaper always wins compilation album) and drinking White russian.

Here is the bigger artwork.

149202312_247988030223057_2450196113402539502_o.jpg

Reactions: Juggler
Logo is awful. Love the font used for the EP title though. Cover is ok, but the broken glass/mirror thing doesn't work for me.

Shocked and thrilled to see the Dissection cover. One of my favorite songs. So glad they didn't do one of the usual silly/goofy ones. That said, good original songs rarely got a good treatment by COB/Sinergy. Hopefully this time around will be better.

Shocked and thrilled to see the Dissection cover. One of my favorite songs. So glad they didn't do one of the usual silly/goofy ones. That said, good original songs rarely got a good treatment by COB/Sinergy. Hopefully this time around will be better.

That's why I would have preferred a "silly" pop song cover. They usually made them sound badass.
More serious covers I didn't enjoy that much, with a few exceptions like Rebell Yell or Hell is for Children.

But Blackwinterday for example.... I never listen to it. Not my cup of tea

I like the Black Winter Day, No Commands, Aces High and Silent Scream covers just as much or even more than the originals. Rest of them - I probably would too if I knew the originals at all :D

I like " "silly" pop song " and serious covers too. But yeah, covers of IWC not too good - except Cruel Summer (for me), but they recorded this song around 2013. ( It’s like I’ve seen a video in the past where it sounded in the background. )

I like " "silly" pop song " and serious covers too. But yeah, covers of IWC not too good - except Cruel Summer (for me), but they recorded this song around 2013. ( It’s like I’ve seen a video in the past where it sounded in the background. )
Yeah Cruel summer is great but it's from the Halo of Blood sessions together with sleeping in my car and crazy nights. All 3 are very very good. Halo of Blood is the album for me where I like the covers more than the original songs :D
The reason is probably Alexis vocals. On that album they sound kind of "try-harding" and forced to keep in line with the melody of the music all the time and somehow also a little computer edited to me. But on the covers it sounds like he simply unleashed his angry screams without thinking too much about it and that's how it used to be on earlier albums. I prefer that rawness in the vocals.
On IWC I have the same problem but it's not as bad on the original songs but therefore on the covers this time. I really only like Misstress of Taboo. Danger Zone and Blackwinterday I pretty much never listen to.

Is there a full list of the COB cover songs anywhere? I didn't know about Crazy Nights or Cruel Summer until this thread, and I'm wondering if there are anymore I'm missing