The Ocean - Precambrian

The top spot for this year is secured. Now I have to absorb the whole thing, music, lyrics, artwork..

Robin Staps is a fucking genius, just listen to Ryacian.

The EP has a significant amount of Meshuggah worship, in the guitars at least. The drummer doesn't keep pace with Meshuggah's drummer, nor does it seem he is trying to. It's an ok EP.

The full-length disc takes a lot of old Neurosis/Isis vibe and does it quite well. I like this disc a lot, probably better than the latest Neurosis even. I'll be picking this disc up when.

Aren't these the guys who said they weren't influenced by Neurosis, Isis, or Meshuggah? 'Cause yeah, that's a load of crap.

Neurosis is listed as their first influence on their myspace page, so it cant be them.

The 2nd disc is WAY better than the latest Neurosis album. And Im a Neurosis fanboy....but, yeah...the latest Neurosis' offering really underwhelmed me.

Everyone on the planet is over-rating this album beyond reasonable means. Considering the amount of Neurosis "borrowing" in the second half (see Ectasian for proof) claiming this album is better than ANY Neurosis is a ridiculous comment.

You guys seriously need to stop with this they stole their ideas from Neurosis business. Every fucking band remotely connected to the whole 21st century post/whatever HxC scene has gallons of Neurosis blood in them, that does not make them all clones. Zatokrev are, Minsk are to some extent, but tell me in which way listening to Precambrian plunges you in a Neurosis-like feeling, atmosphere-wise.

claiming this album is better than ANY Neurosis is a ridiculous comment.

I would have to agree, that is why I never saw anyone making such a statement, that I know of.

And anyway there is 1000x more Breach than Neurosis in The Ocean, but oddly enough no one ever points that out because no one gives a fuck about Breach...

sorry for the impulsive rant, my latino temper :p

Well that's the problem with this band isn't it? They just sound like a collection of other bands. When you listen to The Ocean, you'll hear 5 different bands, but you won't go and listen to another band and say "man this sounds like The Ocean". I wonder why?

I bought this and haven't listened to it much because it was in my car and slid way back into the back seat and I forgot about it but I found it yesterday so I guess I'll listen to it as soon as I stop typing ridiculously long sentences for no reason other than to take up a few more seconds before relinquishing the computer to my overbearing and often annoying sibling.